Icnd1 - done!!!

Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
So the post I'm been waiting 3 months to write... I passed ICND1 today with a score of 907 :)

Pretty pleased with that if I must say! Thanks to all the guys on here who answered my stupid questions and TE in general for providing such a good hub of information.

My study resources were:

CBT Nuggets
Odom Book
Lammle Book
INE
GNS3
Packet Tracer
Small home lab

Now onto ICND2 icon_cool.gif

Comments

• acecoopacecoop Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrads! and best of luck on ICND2.
  • onemileprophetonemileprophet Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats! I'm about a week away from taking mine..
    Any words of wisdom regarding the exam?
    Was there anything you struggled with?
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Thanks!!

Well if I'm honest the things I thought I'd ace (switching, security) I did the worst on and the things I thought I'd struggle with I aced!

I would certainly say you need to be very comfortable with subnetting and addressing, there are so many questions relating to it in someway or another that you would really struggle if can't move quickly and confidently through these.

Know the related IOS commands for the CCENT like the back of your hand - especially show commands. If you're used to looking through the output of these show commands then you'll be fine.

Like most people I did a subnet chart with all the block sizes etc before starting the exam. It's well worth doing and I used it a lot.

Do the tutorial at the beginning, it's worth the 10 minutes it takes just to give you sometime to settle in adjust to the enviroment before starting the exam.

Make sure you read each question properly, on some of the questions there was more than one or two right answers but remember, the want the Cisco right answer!

Other than that just stay nice and relaxed and enjoy the experience, if you've covered all the material you'll be fine :)

Best of luck with your exam buddy.
  • MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    awesome mate! Well done. Good Luck on the next cert!
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    So the post I'm been waiting 3 months to write... I passed ICND1 today with a score of 907 :)

Pretty pleased with that if I must say! Thanks to all the guys on here who answered my stupid questions and TE in general for providing such a good hub of information.

My study resources were:

CBT Nuggets
    Odom Book
    Lammle Book
    INE
    GNS3
    Packet Tracer
    Small home lab

Now onto ICND2 icon_cool.gif

Questions are not stupid... I am so close to doing INCD2 but Boson practice exams are throwing stupid stuff that does not belong in CCNA- Dont wanna take that chance so I am studying the stupid stuff
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    Questions are not stupid... I am so close to doing INCD2 but Boson practice exams are throwing stupid stuff that does not belong in CCNA- Dont wanna take that chance so I am studying the stupid stuff

Thanks every one!

Yes fair point, I suppose a question is not stupid if you don't know the answer. I'm sure I'll come across plenty more of these questions in my ICND2 studies.