Options

OSCP Certification - To put or not to put?

This question has been bugging me for a while. When you pass and obtain the OSCP certification, will you state it in your Resume? I have people telling me that I should not (not that I'm already one), as potential employer will think you are too "dangerous" to hire. Myth or truth, I have some little sleepless nights.

Comments

• Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    chopsticks wrote: »
    I have people telling me that I should not (not that I'm already one), as potential employer will think you are too "dangerous" to hire.

Really? Never heard that one. I hear wtf are all these letters after your name quite a bit, but never oh **** you're to dangerous....
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can't see how it would be a detractor. The OSCP demonstrates you have some skills in performing reconnaissance, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and attacking a network.

I have a former colleague who got out of the Army in the Spring. He passed the OSCP and OSWP (or whatever the wireless one is).

Dude just jumped to his second contracting job and is earning $175K based on his experience and listing those two certifications. I can understand the stigma though.
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Ok thanks for the feedback! Skills, like a weapon, can be used for good or bad purpose depending on the intention. It's the intention that counts. I got my answer, thanks :)
  • Options
    dsgbdsgb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't see why you would not? The employer would more or less google OSCP anyway to find out what is was.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So yeah...it might be a bad idea if you aren't applying for an information security job. But if you managed to pass the OSCP...then wtf else would you be doing?