so passed the CEH today

nickg87nickg87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i passed the CEH v8 exam this morning. Only got 79% but most of this is due to the fact that i never bothered to learn key lengths for various algorithm . Except for those questions the rest was pretty straight forward.
The resources i used were the Sybex and the All in one books and they covered pretty much everything. I should also note thata couple of questions were identical to questions you find on the "all in one" book practise tests .
Now on to the GCIH....

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    nickg87 wrote: »
    So i passed the CEH v8 exam this morning. Only got 79% but most of this is due to the fact that i never bothered to learn key lengths for various algorithm . Except for those questions the rest was pretty straight forward.
    The resources i used were the Sybex and the All in one books and they covered pretty much everything. I should also note thata couple of questions were identical to questions you find on the "all in one" book practise tests .
    Now on to the GCIH....

Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. What is next for you?
  • nickg87nickg87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Probably the GCIH and then the OSCP
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Grats on the pass. Do you have the required experience or did you pay for the course?
  • nickg87nickg87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    Grats on the pass. Do you have the required experience or did you pay for the course?

I did not pay for the course and in my opinion its not worth it. If i was to pay thousands of pounds/dollars for a course i would go for a SANS course. This exam is easy and generic enough to pass with a couple of books and some interest.
    As for experience i have been in a purely security role for less than a year and then before that was a sysadmin for a while so some security work was part of my day to day.