Labs/CBT

bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
Would the CBT nuggets series (Jeremy C) and labbing along with the series be enough to pass ICND1?

I guess thats a fairly subjective question, though. :D

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yes very subjective, but assuming a baseline of no to little prior knowledge on the objectives I'd say no. CBT Nuggets are an excellent complimentary source to books, but not a replacement in my opinion.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say I have some high level or fundamental knowledge going into watching the series. I have no work experience or practical knowledge, just theoretical knowledge.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Unless you already knew everything and just needed a refresher I'd say it's extremely unlikely the CBT Nuggets will be enough for you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Unless you already knew everything and just needed a refresher I'd say it's extremely unlikely the CBT Nuggets will be enough for you.

I just ordered the Lammle book. Hopefully between the 3, that should be sufficient.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used that as my main resource and ended up failing the first time. I'd recommend reading Odom's book in conjunction with that. Those two things with Packet Tracer and going to subnetting.net helped me quite a bit.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Read Lammle's book first & took notes

LISTENED to Jeremy C's CBT nugget videos the first go around
    Now taking notes and labbing what I could the second go around

Reviewing notes from both during the times I am not re-watching the nuggets
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Different for everyone.

I prefer to do the CBT's first, then read the book.

I struggle to get into the book when I don't know what's going on. So the CBT gives me a good foundation to understand what the book is saying.
    sucanushie wrote: »
    Different for everyone.

I struggle to get into the book when I don't know what's going on. So the CBT gives me a good foundation to understand what the book is saying.

Excellent point. This is the approach I am taking. I'm more than 50% through the ICND1 (40 total) videos. I should be pretty close to done by the time my book arrives. Its going a little slower with the videos as I am following along with PT and taking notes..
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sucanushie wrote: »

I learned in the beginning of this year that I prefer to watch the videos first. Often I don't take notes or practice any of the commands. It just prepares me for what I will be learning when I start reading. I find that I can get through the reading much quicker when I already have some idea of the information. I can focus on understanding it more.