Passed ROUTE!

sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
Passed route today. Scored in the 800's thought for sure I would be in the 900's based on my answers but a pass is a pass.

I took the Route course through Global Knowledge and also uses CBTNuggets, OCG, GNS for the labs and Cisco labs that came with the Global Knowledge course.

I thought the exam was the toughest I've taken to date, that being said it was fair.

Onto Switch now. My Digi CM32 came in the mail today which was perfect timing. Time to start reading,watching and labing

Comments

• linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's huge. I'll be taking the new 2.0 Route exam in March.
  • LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow congrats! I am still studying for the route, hope to take the test in the first half of december... How long have you taken for your studies? Are you trying to finish before the deadline?
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Good job! If you were anywhere near as nervous as I was when I took that exam, you must be very relieved.
  • prdemonprdemon Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats...im also gonna attempt to pass this sucker before the deadline.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats, Route is a tough exam so hats off to you.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Thanks everyone!

The plan is to finish Switch by end of December and then have all of January to prepare for TSHOOT.

I've been working on Route for 2 hard months, and I have a pretty solid grasp on Switching, so I'm hoping I can get in under the wire. If not I'm not to worried.

I did write ICND2 the last week the old exams were open, I'm sensing a pattern :)
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! If you do SWITCH by the end of December, with all that knowledge still fresh - TSHOOT should be a piece of cake. Good luck!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats - so from start to finish you reckon you'll be done with CCNP in 4 months? That's some going mate!! Roughly how many hours are you putting in each day/week?
    sucanushie wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!

The plan is to finish Switch by end of December and then have all of January to prepare for TSHOOT.

I've been working on Route for 2 hard months, and I have a pretty solid grasp on Switching, so I'm hoping I can get in under the wire. If not I'm not to worried.

I did write ICND2 the last week the old exams were open, I'm sensing a pattern :)

Great stuff mate, I'm setting my CCNP target for the same date as you! Plan on finishing NP Switch start of December and study TShoot through December and January. Will be keeping tabs on your progress icon_lol.gif
    Passed SWITCH today.

I found the questions and material a bit easier than ROUTE but I thought the SIMS were a bit harder.

Overall pretty happy. Now time to get the TSHOOT lab set up. Two down one to go!
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    sucanushie wrote: »
    Passed SWITCH today.

I found the questions and material a bit easier than ROUTE but I thought the SIMS were a bit harder.

Overall pretty happy. Now time to get the TSHOOT lab set up. Two down one to go!

Congrats! Have you booked your Tshoot yet?
    not yet... but I'm thinking of booking it for the 23rd.
    All depends on how my Route review goes.
  • dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I took the Global Knowledge ROUTE 5 day course and learned a lot. The labs were cool too.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?