Options

Any games that can be played on a 2gb atom processer machine?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
My daughter has a netbook with an atom processor and 2 gbs of ram. I do have an SSD in her machine but a lot of the games require a Windows OS. Is it possible to install a VM on her netbook and run a version of Windows to install World of Tanks or some other games that require the WIndows platform?

I'm trying to avoid spending additional dollars on another machine and I really don't want her using my mini desktop ( i7 8 gbs and 4 gb GTX VC).

Is it possible or am I just wasting my time?

I feel bad because a lot of her friends are on World on Tanks and other games.

I am wondering if I am going to have to buy a mini tower and piece together some hardware I have laying around. I do have a systemboard with a core duo chip and 4 gbs of ram. However that would require me to get a tower, video card and probably windows 8.1 installation.

It's ashame that I can't make this netbook play games.

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I would say that it was borderline to begin (to be playable) with but you're also asking about using a VM on that machine.

You can check out the CPU, if it meets the minimum requirements here: World of Tanks CPU list meet system requirements for World of Tanks

The graphics is a different thing, depending on the type of onboard intel graphics, it may or may not be comparable to the 6600.

The only thing I can suggest is try it :)
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are 2 things you have to worry about with the laptop.
    1. VMs have horrible graphics
    2. Running 2 OSes on 2GB of ram

I don't think it's going to work.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I decided to rebuild a leftover machine and see what I can do with that. I have an extra GT 1 gb video card, should be enough to get it moving.