UC520 SIP Outbound Calls

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi, as they say "if you don't use it, you loose it"...oh so true...

Having problems with my SIP connection at home via my ISP. SIP registration is up, inbound SIP calls are fine, outbound SIP calls are being blocked but were previously working....grrrr...but overflowing (as they should) back to the PSTN where I'm unfortunately getting charged more icon_sad.gif

Have disabled IP inspection and my inbound ACL, still no joy. Turned on some debug ccsip (one at a time) but just too chatty, it overwhelms the console forcing me to power cycle...

show dialplan number gives me
Last Disconnect Cause is "39 ",
Last Disconnect Text is "bearer capability not authorized (57)",

debug ccsip calls gives me
Disconnect Cause (CC) : 57
Disconnect Cause (SIP) : 403

So I'm guessing an inconsistent config between me and the ISP. Any pointers on where to look appreciated...

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    not really much to look at. That can be quite a few things. I would need to see the debugs of a debug ccsip message and a show run.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cheers! just the SIP & dial-peer related sections? just trying to trim unneeded config...

abbreviated config & syslog attached...rename doc to txt

syslog.doc

BELNRT001-uc520 - Trimmed.doc
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    i need your full running config to see how your sip address are bound. You can send them to my company email if you feel like security is a risk. I"ll send it to you in a PM
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Thanks for the assist over the weekend shodown.icon_thumright.gif

Have partially nutted it out...if I assign my SIP DID number to a button on the 7971 and call from that line, all works fine and I can make outbound SIP calls again....now to work out why...icon_lol.gif
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What IOS version are you running? How do you have your inbound call leg set up? What are you trying to accomplish?
    Sorry for the delay...busy week...

Am using IOS v15.1, inbound call leg is to translate all calls to DN=101 (long time working). However for outbound calls I have to physically select the SIP button to place the call....like an old Key Station system. Have worked around it:
    ephone-dn
    number <sip-number> secondary <first-number-on-phone>

and placing the DN as the first button.
    Can you post your current show version?
    Remove your SIP number button assignment on ephone-dn with SIP DID number then Try this I based this on the original show version that you posted.
    I didn't see any rules translating your internal number to the SIP number:

voice translation-rule 22

rule 1 /^8\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-rule 23

rule 1 /^.*/ /sip-DID-NUMBER/ <--changes the CID to the Sip number
    !
    voice translation-rule 24
    rule 1 /101/ /sip-DID-NUMBER/ <--designates 101 as the DID
    !

voice translation-profile OUTBOUND-SIP-STRIP-8
    translate calling 23
    translate called 22
    translate redirect-target 24
    translate redirect-called 24

Also, I don't see any incoming dial-peers either. I guess its defaulting to dial peer 0 for your incoming calls to work..
    Will give this a try tonight...I tried to filter what I included in the config to what was relevant, so as the inbound dial-peer was fine, I skipped it...the number of times I've seen a full config listing here that has no bearing on the prob at hand...just a pet peeve...icon_lol.gif
    Whats the verdict? Did it work or no?
    Sorry for the delay...a couple of late work nights...

That worked fine! Cheers!
    Awesome glad it worked. :)