I failed my 640-801

milenthemanmilentheman Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cry.gificon_sad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif please tell me what to do now I am thinking of take the two exams version then he might be easier for me icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
CCNA, CompTIA A+, working on MCSA

There is a time to cry and there is a time to laugh (King Solomon)

Comments

• binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    What areas were you weak at? What study methods/resources did you use? Provide more info, hopefully we will give you some good feedback.
  • milenthemanmilentheman Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have used Testout CCNA 3.0 CBT, nugget CBT CCNA, some of the acedemic stuff ... for the practice exam I have used cisco ccna network simulator, boson ccna 2.0 practice exam question router test.

I don't understand I know how to subnet by heart it become a second nature to me also the pearson vue center I was in was a bit dodgy the mouse I had was a ball mouse which did not work as it should I had to kick it sometimes...

most of the drag and drop question sound confusing. I also had 4 questions left cos the time was up when I was on question 52/56 which happened to be a simulator

this is what they gave me
    Implementation and Operation 66%
    Troubleshooting 50%
    Technology 78%
    Planning and Designing 62%

my score was 745

• binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    745 is not a bad score the first time :) First, you should keep an eye on your time management. For example, when you study and do exams at home, try to time yourself (I do it and it helps).

Try to setup networks (using routers or simulators), it really helps. Do use Techexams two labs. Ensure you're able to setup a networking maybe with routers, switches and PCs and ensure they can all communicate. It's all about hands on.

One important technique I'm applying (I will write my exam end of Aug), is NOT to study a book from cover to cover and then start another. What I do is study LAN swtiching from a book and then use another book, website, notes and anything I can find on LAN switching. Then I find questions that only deals with LAN switching. In other words, I try to learn each topic deeply before moving on to another topic. After I finish all topics, I take a comprehinsive exam.

So in short, time yourself, use multiple resources, hands on (routers or SIMs).
    thank you again for your advice man I will remember that ...

also I have bought the exam cram 2 ccna 640-801, 811,821

can any of this help at all please let me know

• !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Man , here's the key of success :

-learn + practice
    -learn how much you can: Sybex ,Exam Cram , Self-Study Guide's, I recomend CCNA 1-4 semester's from the academy.
    -don't forget to practice , or if you can't emulate. ( BOSON , and a ,lot of other's ).

Don't go there again , learn first , your weakness and then the rest to!

ood luck on your next attempt !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
    thank you for you advice i will study hard icon_cool.gif and tell me I am thinking of taking the two exams version do you think it can help

• !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    I thought that to , better take only one exam , you'll se why I told you that,when you're certified ! Good luck again :)
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)