In Search Of: Resources & Research Materials for A+ Exams

BJ4ITBJ4IT Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I was hoping that I could possibly get some help on study/research materials. After going through pages and pages of threads in an attempt to distill down what the best resources are currently available for A+ 801/2 training, I've found the following:

Professor Messer - Professor Messer A+ Training
Mike Meyers: CompTIA A+ Exam Guide
David Prowse: Exam Cram for A+
Darril Gibson: CompTIA A+ Exam Training Kit
Quentin Docter: CompTIA A+ Study Guide

While Professor Messer's videos are free (which is wonderful for my pocket), i've read that it's a good idea to supplement the videos with a book, and possibly some exam prep. Out of the list provided above, is there any book in particular you would pick to aid in getting the A+ cert (and why)? I wont say "money is of no object", but I am on a bit of a "relaxed" budget, so I can afford to invest in a book or two with no problem.

Thanks guys
2015 Goals:
CCENT
CCNA
CCNA Security

Comments

• BeowolfjBeowolfj Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm more of a hands on person myself and can read all day long and learn nothing. I've been going through test questions on ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams and have herd the material is accurate for the time. I know when I took the test three years ago all I had to study from was Professor Messer videos and a test king subscription.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Hi BJ4IT,

I just passed my A+ recently (both exams) and I used the following materials:

Professor Messor Youtube A+ Videos - Lecture to learn the content
    Examcram A+ Book (Amazon.com you can purchase)

Examcram comes with a great A+ Cram Sheet you can study before taking the test
    Examcram book comes with a CD with 100 practice test questions that explain every question/answer so you understand the material
    Examcompass.com take all 10 practice tests for 801 or 802 depending on what test you are about to take, make sure you are getting 90% + each test (each test has 25 questions)

Good luck!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • BJ4ITBJ4IT Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks CDX!

Is anyone familiar with this particular course: CompTIA A+ Resource Center: Save 30% on Books, eBooks, Video, and Simulators | Pearson IT Certification

That looks like something that would go well with Professor Messers videos.
    2015 Goals:
    CCENT
    CCNA
    CCNA Security
  • Andy2mAndy2m Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've not heard of that, but I can definitely echo CDX's sentiment with regards to exam cram. Myself and a 2 others passed using this alongside the Proffessor Messer videos. It comes with about 100 practice questions but if you are looking for more questions on top of that, I used the CompTIA A+ bundle app on Andriod (by Darriyl Gibson).