CISA Application Timelines

empsecukempsecuk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

how are people doing for CISA certification applications... I'm currently sitting on a status of "Unreviewed", has been a few days now...

How are everybody else's applications doing?

Comments

• weeblixweeblix Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nothing yet on my CISM application... still "Unreviewed"
  • Lucky_luckLucky_luck Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine was "completed- Under review" for a week, then it's changed to "incomplete"

I sent an email inquiry about it, they replied that one of the verification forms isn't accepted due to some rules and I need to provide them another verification form signed by a different verifier. I did that and sent the form to them and I'm still waiting.
  • FrankMat74FrankMat74 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sitting at the mid-point, 3 weeks, when I submitted my application; still have the "Unreviewed" status.
  • empsecukempsecuk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also about 3 weeks in .... and still 'unreviewed' (well, I was last night, I can't access the isaca site today!)

icon_sad.gif
    Application status changed today or yesterday (I couldn't access the portal yesterday) to:

Complete-Under Review

It's taken exactly 3 weeks from application submission... I understand that applications are done in batches...

Anyone else had their status updated?
    Just tried to look, website is not available. I was still, last time I saw, at unreviewed. Maybe I sent too many supportive documents to support my CISA request; 8 attachments with my application.
    No change for me; guess I am on the bottom of the pile.
    Well, with my CISM, I screwed something up on my application form... I think I went quite quickly through this stage, right through to "Not Certified - need more info" and then had to supply a load of extra info and get my form re-signed

hmm

uh oh.. not again
  • Sandhiya1Sandhiya1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As in i have e-mailed

certification@isaca.org along with my signed application form and other supportings will that suffice?

I just got a new status change; complete-under review-Progress, Yes!

I followed the threads on TECHEXAM to get a roadmap to success, will see if what I had provided answers the applic requirement
    @ FrankMat74 - Glad you're getting some progress!

@Sandhiya1 - That's what I have done for both applications... Worked for the first one (except a verifier had ticked the wrong box and I hadn't noticed). Will know, hopefully, soon whether or not it's worked for the CISA!
    Well... I had messed something on the form again.. Went from Complete - Under Review, to Incomplete (please email us), back to Complete - Under Review again ..

Fingers crossed!!

Can't wait to add the certification to my CV.... Already working on my next qualifications icon_study.gif, which - thank god - are not experience based.. Also delivered through computer based testing with instant results.. icon_thumright.gif
    ouch. No change. I'm hoping to get this one "approved" so I can apply my current SANS GCIH course toward the annual CPE requirements
    I keep hitting refresh... I'll probably end up calling them tomorrow to ask how long they think it will take ... Maybe I'll wait until the end of the week.. I keep calling them, international rates are getting expensive!

How are you finding the SANS course?

I'm tempted to do the following:
    - GCIH,
    - GCIA,
    - GREM,
    - GPEN,
    - GWAPT,
    - GXPN,
    - GCUX,
    - GCWN,
    - GWAN,
    - GSLC,
    - GSSP-JAVA
    - GSSP-.NET
    - GWEB
    - GLEG

.. I'd ultimately like to aim for the GSE! It's gonna be a busy decade i think
    But, before I get any of those.. I'm trying to get through some IAPP certifications, as well as some CESG qualifications.. and I'm considering:

* CEH -> ECSA -> LPT
    * CREST RT - CREST (web testing, I forget the name)
    * SABSA

as well as working a proposal for a (part time) PhD..
    Answer to your question-Its like drinking from a waterhose. If you have done enough security training, your already going to capture enough information being presented. Once I'm done, I will revist the GCIH post and add my two cents.

You have quite the inventory of desired training/certification ahead of you.
  • aa31aa31 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just looked today and status changed to approved! Applied on the first day after the exam results were received.
    I was approved also!! :)

Now the final wait before certification... I guess they - in part at least - practice what they preach.. Someone has to probably verify that someone hasn't just approved their best friend or something..

Well, looking forward to getting a certificate too.. Probably just in time for Christmas! heh
    I still wait...
    hmmm... Still on "Complete - Under Review"?

Maybe give them a call? Or an email?

I just want that final status change ... Can't wait...
  • GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    I got certification notification with my certification number around noon. So it should be coming in starting today.
    Got my confirmation.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□

Application Status:
    Incomplete
    Email us for more info

Wow... here we go...!!!
    Ouch! You that has got to hurt.
    I also got mine on the 17th :)

now working on IAPP and PhD proposal ... Dr here i come (in like 234807623048726340872364 years)
  • GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    I am not sure about the look and feel of the badge though :D I think they could have come up with better graphics.
  • varunglvarungl Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I applied for certification on 3rd November 2014. Completed 3 weeks today post submission.

Still shows "unreviewed"...? How long more before it MOVES ...?
  • SeyramKwameSeyramKwame Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wishing you the best in your upcoming exams. For someone like me, am now preparing for the June 2015 so hope to learn from my fellow brothers here.
  • bapujjibapujji Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Varun, Is there any change in your CISA approval process? I am in the same boat.
  • pharmorjacpharmorjac Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received an email saying ISACA had received my application on 10/28/14.

The email said they would let me know within 6 weeks.

6 weeks have passed and my application remains in Complete-Under Review.

Thanks ISACA