How long is long enough to study.

missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just began studying. I have an AAS in Information Technology. I have 7 months experience as Desktop Support/ Network Tech role. I don't touch the network a tone but I build CPU's regularly. I was just wondering how long is to long to study I feel like I've advanced past A+ and am looking toward Network Security. What tips do you have so I don't get overwhelmed with material. How long did you guys study before you were ready? What tools did you use?

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spent about 1-2 months preparing for the Network+ exam as I took classes in college so I had some good experience in combination with my background. So, I just read the Exam Cram book to review the objectives of the exam: ports, protocols, OSI model, etc.

Good luck in your studies icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think I spent 1-2 months before I sat and passed. If you have experience it might take less but it all depends on knowledge before you have started.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Took me 3 weeks of studying. I had about 6 months of end-user troubleshooting and experience troubleshooting/setting up my home wifi. So in other words, I didn't have much experience. I studied several hours a day though. I used the CompTIA study guide and Prof Messer mainly.