OnePlus One

JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
This phone is amazing for the price, sadly its invites only. Does anyone on TE has it yet?

I've been waiting for a while to receive an invite, it certainly beats the Nexus 6 in terms of price.

Home - OnePlus.net
[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's a nice looking phone I must say, nice price too if it's unlocked, I guess it's invite only because of manufacturing capacity at present?

The only misleading thing about it I could find about it was "Global LTE Support". It supports LTE bands 1/3/4/7/17/38/40 - which is nowhere near global support.

The Nexus 6 North America SKU supports 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41 and the rest of the world SKU supports 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41 - which is pretty much global support. And you can have different bands in different parts of your country as well which makes it a mine field to say "Global LTE support". The Nexus 6 is pure Android too which means priority updates, which appeals to me.

List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've got one of the sandstone models. No issues (2 weeks old). android 4.4.4 with L guaranteed within 3 mth.
    I havn't got any invites i'm guessing it's because of the pre-order about to happen.
    My LTE has hit 40 mbps in the middle of nowhere northern Canada so I'm not worried about what bands are missing for the price.

As for the pure android experience you wouldn't be able to tell my phone wasn't. I'm a N4/5 user so i'd have a pretty good idea what's missing.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Receieved an invite and ordered one. I'm not worried about LTE at all. Works fine with Vodafone. Besides most people were waiting for the Nexus price before making a decision and Google did just that by making the OnePlus a cult hit
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
    Mine is being shipped from a warehouse in the UK and you don't pay for stuff shipped within the EU when it comes to customs
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't get the whole invite system - I presume it is only while it is on pre-order but eventually won't require an invite when it goes "GA" ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • NersesianNersesian Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had an Android phone a number of years back and always had issues with both the battery and plastic back flying off when I dropped the device. I don't necessarily love my iPhone, but the build quality feels solid and I don't have any problems with it holding a charge.

Anyone know if a manufacturer has addressed these? I have similar concerns on any laptop I own or recommend to the wife. I like some of the styles and designs coming out from Asus and Lenovo, but always come back to Mac for the build quality. A time will come when I need to replace The Tank (13" 2011 MacBook Pro) and like to keep my options open.

On a somewhat related note, I'm thinking about doing something like this which would require a Nexus 7 or whatever will fit into an Audi.
    I installed a Nexus 7 in a BMW E46 this weekend, and it looks/functions nearly like factory. Take a look! : cars
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Don't get the whole invite system - I presume it is only while it is on pre-order but eventually won't require an invite when it goes "GA" ?

Its a high end phone with an affordable price, the problem is I think demand and with Google deciding to turn into Saab overnight. There was no alternative for a lot of people. I was personally looking forward to the Nexus 6 until I saw the price. Hahaha
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

In alot of cases I'd say yes but the vast majority of initial owners were from the tech community money wasn't really a factor. My biggest draw back was the screen size. 4.7 is my ideal so stretching to 5.5 still annoys me. When the nexus 6 was announced at that size there was zero chance I was buying it. My choices were the moto x and the one. If google decides to release a new 5 with the same specs I'd buy it in a heartbeat at the same price as the 6.
  • TomkoTechTomkoTech Member Posts: 438
    I have one. Got it a few months ago. I really like it. I was tired of the iPhone and needed a switch. Good quality camera on it. So far no issues with it other than the T-Mobile guy being an idiot. He put the sim card in upside down. Spent 45 minutes trying to activate it and told me "I guess the phone isn't supported". 2 minutes after he hands me the phone back and I see it's a SIM card issue I pull the card out, flip it over. BAM activated just like that.
    Anyone got an invite by any chance ?
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would love to get an invite as well.
    Got my phone on Thursday after receiving an invite on Monday. This is the best phone i ever had. It's just feels natural.
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST
    Where's me invite then :p:p
    Hahaha i just checked my account, still no invites yet. I will keep an eye on things in case i get some invites
    Do keep us in mind.
    Tempted to just buy it from Amazon ..
    Sorry i havn't got any yet either.
    New pre-order run Nov. 17. I got mixed feelings. People seem to complain about their support and broken devices.
    Still loving mine, no issues so far and i got the new gmail today out of the blue too. I guess i have not used up all my luck for this year. I do wish i would get some invites to share with you guys. Still keeping an eye out for them.
    I ended up getting an HTC One M7. Unlocked the bootloader and put the Cyanogenmod running kitkat. It's definitely a lot cleaner than stock android.
    Still loving the phone. Does pretty much everything i want from a phone.

Are there people who are still looking for invites? I will like to keep it in mind so i can give it away to a member of TE when i get one.
    I got two invites, one has already gone to a TE member. I have one left, first person that sends me a message gets it. You have to be a TE regular to get it :)
  • tcosictcosic Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have it and It's amazing, easily the best tech purchase I've made. The specs are compareable to the other high-end phones that cost almost twice as much. But what makes this phone great is the software, I used to prefer stock Android, but Cyanogenmod is way better in my opinion, I've had the phone for one month and I had one force closed app and one random reboot, but I think that is alright since the rest of the experience makes up for it. Can't wait for Android 5.0 Lollipop :)

I'm a bad photographer, I just know how to turn on HDR, focus and then take the photo basically.. But here is a picture I took when It started snowing for the first time since mars here in the southern parts of Sweden :) The camera app is also much better than the one on Samsung and Nexus which I used before.
    Yep, one of the best phones ever.

Jasmin, check your pm
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot Fred! :D Unfortunately their site seems to be down right now so I'll have to wait a bit before buying it.
    I noticed that too, seems up now though.
    Thank you JustFred. Site is still unusable. Somewhat unfair. You claim a code. You got 24hrs to order and the site is down. I sometimes get to the point where you can enter your billing address but the submit button doesn't work.

I hope it is not a waste of an invite ...
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If anyone else has any invites would be greating, i am looking to move to android away from Apple expensive toys
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Thank you JustFred. Site is still unusable. Somewhat unfair. You claim a code. You got 24hrs to order and the site is down. I sometimes get to the point where you can enter your billing address but the submit button doesn't work.

I hope it is not a waste of an invite ...

I had the same problem as well. I was able to bypass it though by filling the form locally while I was logged in. Look in the support forums, someone explained how to do it.