IPexpert Black friday Sale?

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I am wanting to buy the IP-Everything, but I am waiting to see if this goes on sale around black friday / cyber monday, can anyone tell me what they have done in the past? I know they did/do something, just not sure of the details.

Thanks.

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm not not sure if they've done it in the past to be honest. I do see regular promotions on their Facebook and Twitter so I would recommend keeping an eye on both for promotions.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could also contact the sales department directly. Ive seen them give discounts directly..
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As a paid customer of both INE and IPexpert, I would go with INE. I have both video and workbook subscriptions to both. The quality of INE is far beyond what IPexpert offers.
    Depends on the track. I have been disappointed with INEs videos and workbooks for data center.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've found the IPExpert ones lacking too (at least the ones I was able to preview on Youtube). I suspect this will improve as the domain is out there longer and the trainers learn more (especially on the storage and server side). But definitely take all of the CCIE:DC training with a grain of salt and view the free samples that most vendors have available to figure out which training set will work best for you
    My issue with INE was the amount of time wasted on each video. I.e. one of the OTV Configuration video was about 65 minutes long. 30 minutes or so was spent configuring the layer 2 and 3 interfaces, basic routing, PIM, etc, 15-20 minutes were spent troubleshooting a multicast issue that was a result of a typo if I remember correctly, and the rest was actually on what I was there to watch: OTV configuration. I feel like a lot of the INE videos could be condensed or a bit more direct - I start to lose focus or get bored when I'm watching the umpteenth L2 interface being configured. Also some of the instructors can be a bit on the wordy/dry side and just put full paragraphs on the powerpoints and sometimes read directly off the slide instead of presenting bullet points.

Everyone's learning style is different but given my ADHD, I need an instructor or content that keeps me engaged and interested. I didn't find that at INE.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    No argument from me on any of that.

My issue on the IPExpert videos I've been through is that the instructor seems to spend a lot more time staring at his screen/keyboard, at least compared to the two INE instructors.

My favorite video trainer is probably Anthony Sequerra, but he doesn't have a CCIE:DC track, so that's not an option.

Skip it all and hire your own personal instructor. ;) If you can't afford that, definitely make use of the samples to figure out which is going to work best for you. Even on sale, these products are large of an investment to make without proper reseach, considering you can buy a used car for the same price as you're going to pay IPExpert/INE
    Speaking of, don't forget Cisco 360, CBT Nuggets and the other ones out there. INE and IPExpert are NOT the only options. At least not for the more common tracks such as R&S. Make sure the training is updated for the v5 lab though if you are looking at a vendor for CCIE RS
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    I would recommend INE for workbooks but not for rack rental for R&Sv5. Their new virtualised setup is full of problems so far. If I get through R&S I think I will be looking elsewhere for SP workbooks/rental (if they even exist!)
  • ScalesScales Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

What are they using for their setup if its virtual? Is it IOU or something ?
  • Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

CSR1000v as routers and physical switches.
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    has anyone used INE rack for ccie security?
    what was the experience
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My issue with INE was the amount of time wasted on each video. I.e. one of the OTV Configuration video was about 65 minutes long. 30 minutes or so was spent configuring the layer 2 and 3 interfaces, basic routing, PIM, etc, 15-20 minutes were spent troubleshooting a multicast issue that was a result of a typo if I remember correctly, and the rest was actually on what I was there to watch: OTV configuration. I feel like a lot of the INE videos could be condensed or a bit more direct - I start to lose focus or get bored when I'm watching the umpteenth L2 interface being configured. Also some of the instructors can be a bit on the wordy/dry side and just put full paragraphs on the powerpoints and sometimes read directly off the slide instead of presenting bullet points.

Everyone's learning style is different but given my ADHD, I need an instructor or content that keeps me engaged and interested. I didn't find that at INE.

My biggest bugbear is some of the silly mistakes they make and waste time correcting. But yeah, fully hearing you on the condensing it needs.

They do explain the theory very well though and for that I have no complaints.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I think it depends on the instructor - Keith Bogart is very good IMO but he's only doing CCNA/NP R&S (I think Brian still does the CCIE R&S training). I also rate Mark Snow for all the voice and collaboration training, he is very thorough but I appreciate his study style can be a little dry.
    Back to the black friday aspect, I haven't seen a post from IPexpert yet, but INE just posted their first coutndown to black friday sale, if you check their twitter feed.
    just saw INE post..waiting for their black friday rack rental promo.IPEXPERT is yet to join this black friday and hope they do post rack rental only promo( not bundled with videos and workbook)
  • WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    I'll have to give it to INE for the DC track but their workbook needs a bit of work. You can catch some free lectures from both vendors on youtube. I'm also waiting for INE tokens to go on sale.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
    Wisewun, I actually compiled all of the Ipexpert and INE DC videos (as well as Cisco, CBT Nuggets and others) and sorted them into playlist by CCIE DC blueprint category. I will probably post it on my blog next week. There's definitely a lot out there for free, from the big two as well as others (I still need to find some more sources for some of the sections that only have one or two)
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So, to answer my own thread IPexpert will be running a sale, I spoke with them, I wouldn't feel right divulging details, but I will say it was exactly what I was hoping for. I do have INE videos also, and I have watched the full MDS set, tons of time was spent in multiple videos wrangling with issues surrounding basic vs. enhanced zoning, but part of me suspects Brian was trying to drive home the point that basic zoning can cause lots of issues and likely doesn't have many use cases.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My issue with INE was how long it's taken to release new CCNA Security videos. Not sure if they've updated the CCNP Sec videos either.
    same with ccnp security, dont think they ve plans to upgrade that. i think brian is just too busy with so many IE training that NP security is neglected
  • cwestmaccwestmac Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone specifically used the IPExpert V5 "Next Generation" VODs for Routing and Switching? If so, how would you rate it, and how many hours of video do you get? I am contemplating purchasing it as it is 50% off for Black Friday. I like INE but Brian McGahan can be a little dry and long-winded sometimes... is IPExpert's new V5 videos any good? Hoping someone can let me know before Sunday so I know if I should purchase them or not. Thanks!
    well, you can check ipexpert website, there are some videos by the ccie R&S instructor u can watch them and u can also check youtube. that might help you conclude on weather to go ahead and buy
    i think some videos on EIGRP name is on ipexpert blog to watch
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I was able to score the IPeverything for two years, I am offically starting CCIE DC in December, I also purchased INE workbook so I can rent their racks, got Cisco PEC also, now the hard part. I have decided to take a one week IPexpert bootcamp, thats at least a year off though.