Switching Expertise Scope...!!

darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
Hi everybody,

I am employed with the Cisco Tac (Cisco process in Convergys) in India. I am working particularly in the switching Line Of Business (LOB). We deal with issues relating to Layer 2,3 & a little bit of Layer 4 switching.

I wanted to know what kind of oppurtunities would i have in the future.

And what certifications do i need to do in addition to the CCNA that i have right now to have a bright future.

Regards & thanks.
321hahaha.jpg

Comments

• EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why dont you ask you're boss this question!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    Thanks, but any suggestions from your side?
    321hahaha.jpg
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    darkmagic wrote:
    Hi everybody,

I am employed with the Cisco Tac (Cisco process in Convergys) in India. I am working particularly in the switching Line Of Business (LOB). We deal with issues relating to Layer 2,3 & a little bit of Layer 4 switching.

I wanted to know what kind of oppurtunities would i have in the future.

And what certifications do i need to do in addition to the CCNA that i have right now to have a bright future.

Regards & thanks.

Hey, I used to work for Convergys in Canada (in fact I was in India training some of the new instructors about 3 years ago). Routing and switching experience is great in conjunction with a CCNA, if you stick with it for a while and keep working on the routing and switching track, you can go far. Maybe not within Convergys, but certainly with ISP's and medium to large corporations that operate their own datacenters. A few years of tier 1 experience with the right certifications (like the CCNP) and the right attitude (customer service focus with a drive for results) will take you far.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    Thanks mikey, thats what i was looking for.
    321hahaha.jpg