Options

Anyone ever get "Cisco'd Out"?

markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've got my CCNA and I'm studying for the CCNA security. For about the past 3 months I've been living Cisco every day studying for these certs. While I'd enjoy working in that environment I think, I work at a help desk that doesn't really ever work on Cisco equipment. It just feels so forced when I'm not getting any actual hands on experience (outside of PT and CCP). I have to take the cert for WGU so I'll complete it, but just curious if anyone else ever felt burnt out from studying so much and not being able to apply the knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I get burnt out on studying a certain topic from time to time. I just move on to learn something else for a while and loop back around when I clear my mind.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I have been studying for the CCNA and got burnt out, so I have switched and now getting my certs for A+ and Network+ when I get interested again I will finish up on CCNA, being retired already allows me some flexibility to study.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think I'll try to pass this since I'm about 2/3rds done with CBT Nuggets and into the Official Cert Guide. This will be the last Cisco cert I take at WGU. I usually don't get burnt out on studying.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Luckily, not yet.
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know the feeling mate. I'm going through about 3 hours a day of revision for my CCENT at the moment. Until a few days ago nobody bar one person in my team knew I was revising for it. I just try to find links to Cisco related work whenever I can in my job. Will be worth it in the long run.