Passed First Time

robpomrobpom Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I passed. First attempt. Whew. Glad that is over.

Honestly I really don't know what advice I can give. Questions were all over the place. Many questions I had covered things I had never seen mentioned in any of the study materials. Many said it is not a technical test , well I had lots of technical questions that I knew not because of a guide but because I have worked in IT for 20 years. I really was not sure when I hit finish if I had passed or not. After the first pass there were 100 questions I was sure I had answered correctly.

Comments

• papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats Rob.

What study materials did you use and how long did you prepare for?

While many refer to it as a "management focused exam," I think it's dangerous thinking to just have that level of mindset during exam prep as there is a reason as well why there are so many technical terms thrown about. Knowing the different between AH and ESP for IPSec for example, need to know the technical pieces before you can answer in a management context.
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    What did you pass? SSCP or CISSP?
  • robpomrobpom Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry. CISSP.

I used AIO, 11th Hour, and Sunflower. I listened to the Shon MP3s.

Not sure what I can say helped the most. Questions were really all over the place. One suggestion is to know Sunflower inside and out. You can't go wrong with that.

I felt it was a combination of both technical and managerial.
  • robpomrobpom Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied 3-4 months off and on. The last month studied 3-4 hours a day.