Looking for a software to create network diagrams

EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
If anybody knows any open source ones please share it with me. Thank you.
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used ARIS for software integration designs. I called the sales rep up and they gave me a free trial, still using it. Evidently they don't disable it once you get it installed. I even receive updates.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    lucid chart .... https://www.lucidchart.com/

even web based
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Gliffy is one similar to Lucidchart I use for quick, easy drawings.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the above 2 whilst writing my university dissertation, for actual networking I'd use Visio or EDraw Max
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have tried to use draw.io, Giffy, and lucid chart. They are not really working in conjunction with I was looking for. I had Visio but since we moved buildings, they decided to take the labels off of our old workstations and re-image them. Been wasting the past 2 hours of my morning hunting for a network diagram software, lol, most of the times, it's due to incompetent individuals in the IT industry that allow for problems like these.

I am now going to use GSN3 for a few weeks until we order Visio again, even though it's a simulator. I wonder if anyone has used GSN3 to set up network diagrams or is that a bit off?
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    I use DIA, and it has worked pretty well for me. Available on Linux, Mac, and that other popular OS:

Dia Diagram Editor | SourceForge.net