Options

Need help to become a cissp

Talha HussainTalha Hussain Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I’m dying to become a cissp since when i was 18 years old. Now I’m 22 and still I’m dreaming about cissp. To become a cissp is my biggest dream.
Well I’m doing my bachelors in network management probably this is my last semester. i am CCNA (sec) ccna (R&S) CCNP (R&S) and MCITP server admin certified. i do have some knowledge of asterisk VoIP bcoz I’m working in a Voip environment (think it’s a plus point). I have less than 1 year of experience as a network engineer. The think is i want to prepare myself for the cissp cert. so what domain should i focus on to easily pass my cissp. Well my future plan is ccnp security, CEH, CHFI and ITILV3. What should I do what should I study in which domain do I focus?? any suggestion from experts must be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know if focusing on any single domain will make you easily pass the CISSP. Depending on your background you might want to focus on all of the domains. How much real world experience do you have as well, since there is an experience requirement for the certification.
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would say BCP/DRP/CRYPTO/TELECOM/SDLC/OPS SEC and BUS CONT. Those would be the domains that I would concentrate on if I was you.

Unfortunately this is one of the exams that your technical experience will help you very little and your inexperience in security will “shine bright like a diamond.”
  • Options
    Talha HussainTalha Hussain Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank youCyberscum i'll try my best to get my cissp in first attempt :) i have more then 4years to prepare my self for this cert. i try my best to get comprehensive knowledge of all 10 domains.