Taking CEH V8 tomorrow

PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Taking exam tomorrow. Any tips prom previous exam takers? Likely things to come up??

Much appreciated and bricking myself!
ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+

Comments

• PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed with 96%......yeah baby!!!!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi PeterHands,
    what material did you use to study and for how long? I was studying the CEH via the All-in-One guide, however I parked it to prepare for CISA this December, which was completely the wrong approach so I've decided to postpone CISA till June next year.

Now I'm looking at picking the CEH up again. Appreciate your feedback. Congratulations btw, 96% is impressive.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and nice score!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi PeterHands,
    what material did you use to study and for how long? I was studying the CEH via the All-in-One guide, however I parked it to prepare for CISA this December, which was completely the wrong approach so I've decided to postpone CISA till June next year.

Now I'm looking at picking the CEH up again. Appreciate your feedback. Congratulations btw, 96% is impressive.

Hi mate, I did a weeks course with QA and took the exam at the end.

I also went through CBT Nuggets and the Matt Walker All in One guide (well i covered the first few chapters!)

I think because I covered the Security+ course previously it helped me on the cryptography questions.... of which there are a few.

The exam was surprisingly straight forward. You will get a question on wireshark and its helpful to know your subnetting! (though only 1 or 2 questions there).

Defo know your nmap and ncat commands and READ the questions! When you got 2 answers and you cant decide which one, the question will always have a word in it that will seperate the answers!.... and if your still stuck, its the one thats the most common sense. No trick questions like other exams ive taken!

Good luck!
  • wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Peterhands. Appreciate the feedback.