Options

Perfomance based questions...

New_FeetNew_Feet Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know that people are not suppose to talk about whats on the exams. I've seen some posts on here that quotes that the performace based questions are basically drag and drop. One in mind that i have seen is the t568a t568b standards now we all know that I can google this answer but isnt this like a google for people that are taking these certs. Is their a
[h=1]Mnemonic that people use to remember the wiring sceme? For some reason when I copied and pasted the font went all weird on me and i couldn't get it back to being right. ????? sorry if you have to squint a bit. [/h][h=1][/h]

Comments

• Options
    missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    when(white/green)
    Girls (green)
    On (orange)
    Boys (blue)
    wizards (white/blue)
    only (White/orange)
    bring (brown/white)
    Babies (brown)

Then just remember to switch the green and orange (stripes to) when doing T568B
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How do you separate stripes from solids in the mnemonic?

I was thinking of using W words for all striped with the third and sometimes fourth letter the color, such as:

WiGs
    Green
    Or
    Blue
    WeBLease
    WoRks
    WeBRoot
    Brown

This could use a lot of improvement. I couldn't come up with many words that have W*BL an W*BR.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    New_FeetNew_Feet Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I kinda just made up my own.. really.... I say this t568B

My brother in law has a dog named Leo,,, so sometimes we just get him excited by saying over and over BEO BEO BEO..

I just shortened this down.. to BO..... for the t568B Starts with orange...

now if you ever look at the scheme its stripe solid stripe solid stripe solid ect ect..

So BO
    Standard b and starts with orange

Orangewhite orange greenwhite blue bluewhite green brownwhite brown

blue goes nowhere and neither does brown.. so just do the oppistie of BO and you got t568A
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BO or AG sounds like a good way to remember the difference between the two and hopefully all that is needed on N+. Putting wires in order seems to be much more difficult. The solid/stripe is a good observation, actually if pins 3 and 6 weren't the same color remembering OGBBr and GOBBr wouldn't be so bad.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    BlueRozeBlueRoze Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just remember White first, except for blue, brown is always last, and you just have to remember of orange or green is first. Blue is always in the middle.