CISM in December?

micon55micon55 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Folks,
Anyone else taking the CISM in December?

I am currently studying using the ISACA Test Engine as well as the official guide. I am also tempted to attend the webinar by Krag Brotby a week beforehand. I'd rather not pay any more money out tbh, but the format does look good. Anyone ever attended his sessions?

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't use Krag's class but I did use the test engine and Official Study Guide back in June and passed, if you have been studying pretty consistently with those materials and understand the concepts you should do just fine. Good luck!
  • wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi micon55,
    I attended Krag's class last year and it was excellent. I would recommend it.
  • Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I attended Krag's online class found it very useful. It helped me a lot in the CISM exam.
  • dmanconidmanconi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some questions about CISM exam:
    1) how similar are the exam questions respect to the CISM Questions database;
    2) which is the perentage to reach on CISM questions databased to be enough quite to pass the exam;
    Regards
    David
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    David,

If it is anything like the CISA exam engine, they will be worded very similarly to the exam engine in regards to syntax, structure, use of words such as MOST, LEAST, etc. It's kind of like the actual exam questions are a subset of the exam engine ones that you don't get to see until the actual test.

The scoring of the exam is convoluted at best; ISACA doesn't reveal how they weigh each question and/or domain, or how many 'research' questions are in the exam. It's not graded as a percentage (the highest you can get it an 800, lowest is 200, and the cutoff score is 450. You can try to extrapolate that out to a percentage but I am positive it will be incorrect. I believe the exam engine wants you to have 85 or better, but I don't know if that is the minimum, or if it has a built-in cushion above the cutoff.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • dmanconidmanconi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there any way to reset the score on CISM Q&A database?
    I am not sure, unless you uninstalled it/reinstalled it...
  • voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to everyone for tomorrow :)
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Same to you voodoo26
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck everyone... off to write CISM exams.
  • sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck everyone!
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • rvomrvom Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

How did you all felt the CISM exam?
  • Rubens SimaoRubens Simao Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ola tudo bem !!! Será que você consegue me passar algum material para estudo também ??

grato.
  • hariram007hariram007 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear friends,
    Could you please share Krag brotby training document, slides as I am planning for June 2015.thanks in advance.
  • hariram007hariram007 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Kris,
    Could you please help in sharing Krag training slides.
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    These are copy right materials and cannot be shared.
    Krag does have a free CISM glossary document available, you can probably find it via Google...
  • sireesha19sireesha19 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Micon,
    Do you have the CISM manual?
    Thanks
    s
  • sireesha19sireesha19 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Zxbane,
    I am looking for CISM manual, is anyone planning to sell it?
    Thanks
    s
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    sireesha19, I am not sure how much a previous years manual will help you out as ISACA updates their manuals every year. I can't imagine there are drastic changes between each years version, but that is a risk that I personally would not take nor recommend to anyone.