• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lrb wrote: »
    He's a cloud architect at HP I believe

This - HP.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    One word. INSPIRATION.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    It's impressive, but I find it strange more than amazing to be honest.
    How so? The guy is obviously a Cisco sponge. Certainly inspires me.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much variance is there between certifications? I'm sure after some point there is a lot of overlap.
    I think this is why people must be finding it easy to do subsequent IE's.

I'd imagine there isn't masses of overlap for something like Voice or Collaboration when compared to R/S, but there'd be a load of overlap between R/S and SP.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There's definitely some overlap, but it's still impressive as hell. :)
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sure the CCDE will be next for him
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That list of certs is almost too amazing for words. 8xCCIE, VCAP5, MCSE, etc..

We should all strive for even 10% of what Neil Moore has accomplished.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    For sure it's impressive, regardless it still takes some dedication to sit down and focus on that new IE track. The reality of multiple IE's is that it's not feasible to maintain that "Expert" level skill set among all tracks. I've work with 2x, 3x, and 4x IE's and there always seems to be a focus area where they are bleeding edge while they let somethings slide, say you have R/S, Security, DataCenter, and Wireless IE's but you focus mainly on DC these days, your DC skills will be polished while your Security/Wireless might become rusty. Thing is, they can quickly dust it off and get up to speed relatively quickly if needed but that seems to be the way it goes. Multiple IE's are an impressive feat and something you would think to be impossible but once you get your first IE, the mindset and process you have is proven and can take you to another and another if you wish.

8x CCIE is obviously a personal goal of this guy and he's done it. Crazy!

There are a few new IE's on here I believe, I dare say everyone of them has already thought "Hmm, should I go for another?" icon_wink.gif
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For sure it's impressive, regardless it still takes some dedication to sit down and focus on that new IE track. The reality of multiple IE's is that it's not feasible to maintain that "Expert" level skill set among all tracks. I've work with 2x, 3x, and 4x IE's and there always seems to be a focus area where they are bleeding edge while they let somethings slide, say you have R/S, Security, DataCenter, and Wireless IE's but you focus mainly on DC these days, your DC skills will be polished while your Security/Wireless might become rusty. Thing is, they can quickly dust it off and get up to speed relatively quickly if needed but that seems to be the way it goes. Multiple IE's are an impressive feat and something you would think to be impossible but once you get your first IE, the mindset and process you have is proven and can take you to another and another if you wish.

8x CCIE is obviously a personal goal of this guy and he's done it. Crazy!

There are a few new IE's on here I believe, I dare say everyone of them has already thought "Hmm, should I go for another?" icon_wink.gif

That is exactly the reason why I've decided to not go for a third one. I'm having a quite hard time just trying to stay updated in the R&S topics and updates trying to stay at some kind of "expert" level in that field. Since I work mostly with wireless topics this requires a huge effort from me. Having a CCIE in a field and then not being a true expert in that field is just a waste of time and is not really worth anything.

It's hard enough to stay updated with all technology updates, and then there are the product updates.. *sigh*