Sitting the 98-367 exam soon

snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'll be sitting this exam soon (towards the end of the month) and I'll let you know how I get on!

My main study source has been Microsoft Windows Security Essentials by Darril Gibson and I've also been using the Microsoft Official Course as a secondary text.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've heard that it's straight forward, but it's my first Microsoft exam so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Comments

• MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is the link to the study videos and material from MVA: Security Fundamentals Training Course | Microsoft Virtual Academy
  • snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed! 89/100. There were a few questions at the beginning that threw me a bit as I'd never come across what was mentioned in any of the textbooks.
  • si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Always nice to get a good mark once you get out of the testing room!
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on passing the exam!!!

What will be your next exam?
    Thanks! I'm thinking about knocking out some of the Comptia exams. I don't know whether to do the A+ or just start the Network+ and then move onto Security+

I've got desktop support experience so the A+ would be useful to tick HR boxes I guess.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations. Good luck on the A+
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
    Thanks everyone!

Short break over and now it's back to studying for the A+
  • tpasmalltpasmall Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I took this exam about 2 months before my A+ as well. I found the first A+ test to be more difficult than the second, but my background is in software support, not hardware. I highly recommend the book CompTIA A+ Complete by Wiley as well as the professor Messer videos.
  • cemen777cemen777 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!