Any one familiar with this book. (ASP.NET)

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Link

I am getting this book from my mother as a Christmas gift and really didn't know what to get. I am intrigued with Webmatrix since it looks pretty easy to pick up yet fairly flexible.

Thanks

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Somewhat, I read the 3.5 version of this book. It was really good and a great intro to ASP.NET. Based on my experience with the other book, I would recommend the version you are looking at.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks Carl, would you then follow up with the C# Headfirst book?

PS I need an intro to ASP :)
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    For me, and it's just me I like the Murach and Wrox books. I haven't liked the Head First Books. Not sure why, I can't put my finger on it. But I like to do a read of the Wrox books followed by a read of the Murach. The Wrox books I use for concept introduction and education and I follow with Murach and Youtube videos for practical. I like in Murach that you work through building an application.

Murach Link since you already have selected the Wrox book.
    https://www.murach.com/books/acs5/index.htm
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did the ASP.NET book then head first C#. In retrospect, I would do the Head First C# book first. The reason is that the Head First C# lets you focus on C# and the .NET framework. You can use that knowledge to then expand your C# knowledge while learning how to use .NET as a piece of ASP.NET.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
    This will end up being a self improvement for 2015. This in all reality will end up being a 2 year effort, not to mention the work load I have on my plate and my continually development with SSRS, SSMS, SSAS, VBA and a host of other technologies.

Once I am done with my VBA modules which is basically just recapping everything I am going to move on to WebMatrix. It's something I have been wanting to do for a while.

I think it will broaden my horizons when it comes to solution architecture etc. I really need the ASP knowledge to move forward.