scheduled to take 271 on August 4, 06

taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
greetings:
I just scheduled to take the 271 on August 4, 06. I wanna push myself to become a MCDST soon.
Before scheduling the exam, I already do the practice exams but using 270 from my old book and scored around 75% everytime. And today i just got the MS Self-paced 271 from mail. I will do more practice exams using this new book.

any more suggestions before taking the exam? coz there's no more free 2nd shot anymore. altho $ is not the issue, I want 1 shot only.

wish me luck :P :D
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    i would look over the technotes on this site for 270 and the practice test, that will help you IMHO.
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    I agree with the above poster, definitely look over the 271 objectives and find any of the TechNotes (or CBT lessons) that match. I personally recommend going through the one on Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance, because they are definitely on the MCDST exams.

Take Care,
    RCoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Hey! Congrats on your decision, best wishes with your studying. I personally found that 70-271 was quite a challenge. Lots of 'active screen' questions. I had quite a few on group policies, and lots of drive/ntfs permissions on there as well.

I used the Sybex MCDST book by Bill F. I found that doing the practices with the corresponding program(s) helped me to remember the procedures, especially for the active screen questions..

Cheers,
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    I am using practice exams CD in the MS self-paced training kit 271 for a couple of weeks. scores have been around 80%. I have also reviewed chapters for the questions that I am not familiar with. but.......

I am scared of brain-dumping because I kinda remember some of the answers from the practice exam's questions.

the exam in secheduled this week friday. I don't want to reschedule or anything. I just want to pass the exam with my best.

please guide me directions accordingly in preparations of the exam.
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    taktsoi wrote:
    I am using practice exams CD in the MS self-paced training kit 271 for a couple of weeks. scores have been around 80%. I have also reviewed chapters for the questions that I am not familiar with. but.......
    I am scared of brain-dumping because I kinda remember some of the answers from the practice exam's questions.
    the exam in secheduled this week friday. I don't want to reschedule or anything. I just want to pass the exam with my best.

You can try and read each of the chapters day-by-day, and no more than one domain objective per day. Start by reading the chapter covering a certain domain, and then move on to doing the practice questions, and then going back to reading the part of the chapter that covers what you've missed. 5 domain objectives, 5 days until your scheduled exam, study hard, and you should do fine. Good Luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • ArvArv Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    taktsoi wrote:

Good luck to you my friend. I'm taking this exam on Saturday, one day after you. I'm terrified as I don't have too much pratice. I hope you'll do well. Let us know how was it.