CCNP ROUTE Exam Passed ! :)

chowzenchowzen Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Just wanted to share :) Did the exam today and passed. Was thanks to this forum and a couple of other sources that I have been using to get it. Thanks for sharing all your notes and advice, lurking here has been fruitful :)

So now onto Switch :) Pity that I will have to do v2 now, but at least Route is behind me. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats mate!
  • atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Congratulations!
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congratulations chowzen, Route is a tough exam so great work. Not to sure on the specifics with the v2 curriculum but I'm sure there won't be a big discrepancy between the current Switch and the new Switch.

Great work, enjoy the break!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Seeing everyone passing has me chomping at the bit. They were 10 days out for my Route exam and couldn't get me in till the 10th.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Congratulations chowzen, Route is a tough exam so great work. Not to sure on the specifics with the v2 curriculum but I'm sure there won't be a big discrepancy between the current Switch and the new Switch.

Great work, enjoy the break!

There's not too much difference. They appear to have dropped Wireless and Voice (except Voice VLAN configuration) and added a few new topics (Configure and Verify -- VTPv3, SPAN/RSPAN, SDM Templates, and LLDP; Describe -- AAA and Stackwise). RSPAN is probably the most complicated new topic. The rest are easy topics. I also don't see any mention of VACLs or C4500/6500 L3 (Pre-CEF) Switching anymore (CEF is on the new ROUTEv2 Exam).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    theodoxa wrote: »
    There's not too much difference. They appear to have dropped Wireless and Voice (except Voice VLAN configuration) and added a few new topics (Configure and Verify -- VTPv3, SPAN/RSPAN, SDM Templates, and LLDP; Describe -- AAA and Stackwise). RSPAN is probably the most complicated new topic. The rest are easy topics. I also don't see any mention of VACLs or C4500/6500 L3 (Pre-CEF) Switching anymore (CEF is on the new ROUTEv2 Exam).

To be quite honest. Didn't see any Wireless on my exam so can see why it would be dropped. Nice to see stackwise in there, and VTP v3.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chowzen wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wanted to share :) Did the exam today and passed. Was thanks to this forum and a couple of other sources that I have been using to get it. Thanks for sharing all your notes and advice, lurking here has been fruitful :)

So now onto Switch :) Pity that I will have to do v2 now, but at least Route is behind me. icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the pass! Curious why you have to take the v2 exam? This simply because the little amount of time to prepare before the old test is expired?
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • chowzenchowzen Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Curious why you have to take the v2 exam? This simply because the little amount of time to prepare before the old test is expired?

Absolutely - I wish I could take the switch exam now, but I need to procure hardware, get through the theory and start practicing labs. This before the cut-off date in between getting married and holiday away :)

So a bit crazy, but from what I have seen, there is not too much difference between Switch v1 and v2 :)
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I heard switch v2 will be more IPv6 centric
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently