Advice about studying for Linux+ LXO 101

MillhouseManaStormMillhouseManaStorm Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for the Linux+ exam and feel a bit overwhelmed. There are so many commands and switches. Do you have to know every switch and flag for every command? I am new to Linux, but trying to learn. I am using the AOI book and CompTIA Linux+ study guide. I joined the Linux Academy and have access to the Testout videos. Without breaking any non-disclosure agreements, does anyone have any advice? Testing in 9 days and don't want to come up short. Anyone try out Transcender's practice exams?
icon_study.gificon_sad.gif

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use the following to study for the Linux+ exam:

TestOut videos and practice exams
    CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide
    Testing lab environment - practice using commands, installing different distros

If you know the command line well especially the BASH side I think you will do well!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Do you need to know alot of the options for certain commands?
    Working on Linux+
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is why I enjoy Red Hat exams, you don't need to know the whole syntax of a command. With MAN and HELP it can at least point you in the right direction and if you studied well enough; your mind will remember it as you see it.