Scheduled ICND1, accountability....

novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
So I took a year away from IT, and recently started a new position. I earned my CCENT back in 2009, and let it lapse. I am scheduled for Dec 22nd at 8:30am. I hopefully will not have to reschedule, as it would be great to get this finished before Christmas, take a break over the holidays, then hit it hard again and towards the CCNA.

I plan to use:
Todd's newest book
CBT Nuggets
Boson practice test and simulator
Pickup some old equipment locally to rebuild my lab

The idea here is that I am financially invested now, so hopefully this lights the fire I need to be ready in less than 6 weeks. Wish me luck and any advice is welcome!
Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella

Comments

• BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Only advice is to know subnetting again COLD.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Only advice is to know subnetting again COLD.

I did pretty good the first time around, I could do it in my head which was great for the exam. I plan to run up the CCNP path so it certainly is something I plan to do again. I appreciate the advice!
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
    So I finished Todd's book, am half way through the nuggets, and have subnetting down 90%. I need to get some lab time in, I might use boson sim. Two weeks to go and I feel good.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck! I just started CCENT myself. I haven't done networking stuff since 2006 so I figured it was time to get back with it. Are you looking at the R&S NP track or another specialization?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    I havent decided 100% yet but I am thinking of the security route. There is one test after ICND1 to earn CCNA:S. Depending how that goes, and where my job swings me I might go CCNP:S or back to ICND2 for CCNA:RS.
  • tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Again, I am a big fan of this command "sh ip os int"
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Good luck!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog