Passed Security+ SY0-301 in just 7 days!

crobeinthehousecrobeinthehouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Title says it all. Big shout-out to Darril Gibson for the awesome Study Guide! Passed with flying colors 841/900. It was probably the most work I have ever done in a week, but it was a time sensitive matter so I had no choice. I strongly urge you take more time if possible haha. Thanks for everyone's time they put into the resources/questions on here as well. They were a help. Now on to accepting my "dream job"! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• XcomPantherXcomPanther Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Big congrats to you! I am studying for the 401 exam now for January. I did earn the 301 badge several years ago. Time to study...againicon_smile.gif
  • crobeinthehousecrobeinthehouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! Hopefully it will be easier studying for this time around. Good luck!
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job man. I did Sec + the same way, with about a week of hardcore study. Any other certs on your agenda?
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • crobeinthehousecrobeinthehouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nachodba wrote: »
    Great job man. I did Sec + the same way, with about a week of hardcore study. Any other certs on your agenda?

I got the Security+ specifically to land a job with General Dynamics IT. I have always wanted to obtain a Cisco cert so I may look at CCNA:Security. I know nothing about the cert though, whether CCNA is a recommended pre-req or not. CCNA would be in my best interest as well. What would you recommend in a Defense Contracting world?
  • tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□