Journey to CISM

dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all, i just recently passed the CISSP and now my journey to CISM begins. i've been browsing over some post here and seem as if everyone is recommending the official Isaca manual and review CD. Ive also glance over the review manual and it seems very dry and boring.. Does anyone have Notes they want to share? maybe the "Sunflower" version for CISM? icon_lol.gif Thanks

Comments

• acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi all, i just recently passed the CISSP and now my journey to CISM begins. i've been browsing over some post here and seem as if everyone is recommending the official Isaca manual and review CD. Ive also glance over the review manual and it seems very dry and boring.. Does anyone have Notes they want to share? maybe the "Sunflower" version for CISM? icon_lol.gif Thanks

hi there, i am at the same position as you but aiming at the cisa.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    acomo wrote: »
    hi there, i am at the same position as you but aiming at the cisa.

There are lots of resources available for CISA not so much for CISM.
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Ive also glance over the review manual and it seems very dry and boring..

So far this appears to be an understatement and a half. This book has been extremely difficult for me to read because of the dryness and over use of bullets. I do not nor have I heard of anyone possessing such notes.

Good luck to both of you.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    da_vato wrote: »
    So far this appears to be an understatement and a half. This book has been extremely difficult for me to read because of the dryness and over use of bullets. I do not nor have I heard of anyone possessing such notes.

Good luck to both of you.

OK just thought i might ask. The format of the review manual is a bit strange for me as there is no flow and i'm finding difficulty in connecting the material. Its a bit like a puzzle and my job its to put the pieces together to create the picture. what makes it worse it seems like the book was written using Excel. Thanks for wishing me luck i think i'm going to need a lot of it.icon_lol.gif
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I studied for and passed the CISM in June I did one quick read through the Review Manual but after that all of my studying came directly from the Q&A Database, I found it much more useful and bearable.