Third Party SIP devices don't show up as description, only with phone number.

evarneyevarney Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone know what the mechanism is that allows a third party SIP device in CUCM to show up as an incoming call as it's description, not its phone number?

Comments

• Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    We use Third-Party SIP Device (advanced) for our polycom conf phones. Do you mean when the SIP device receives a call, you want that caller ID to be the description rather than the number? Or do you mean when you make a call from the SIP device you want it to display the description rather than the number?

I'd imagine the first option would mean that a description is missing (or is the number) on the phone calling you. With the second option I think it should work if you have correctly configured the directory number settings for the DN associated with that phone, for example; when you go on to the directory number config page on CUCM scroll down until you see "line 1 on device SEPXXXXX......". Make sure you have configured the options for display (internal caller ID) and ASCII display (internal caller ID).

I've just presumed that you are talking about internal calls? If it's external then maybe you need to set your CSS to allow your device to send CLI? I'm sure shodown or one of those guys will help you out if I am completely off track.
  • evarneyevarney Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yeah you are dead on the money on what I am looking to do. I have it set for the description ' correct name ' and the alering name with the very same ' correct name ' and the ascii alerting name ' correct name ' but the internal calls all show up as the number. Would it make any difference that I used a hunt group to do this?
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Have you associated the device with the DN? You'll only see the description after the two are associated.
  • evarneyevarney Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes the DN is associated with that device. I am able to place calls to and from it. It just shows up with that number. Am I lost as to what you mean by associate it with the DN?