Question about EC-Council exams

apollookcapollookc Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi! Could anyone explain me please how can someone register for the exams CSCU, ECSS and ENSA? I have registered in the aspen.eccouncil.org but I cannot find the CSCU exam not to mention that in the Prometric Prime website it's required a login from a proctor...Could someone explain me how the registration for these exams work? BTW which is the importance of these certifications compared to other entry-level security ones (e.g. Security+)?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am curious, where does your interest for these certs come from, and where do you want to end up? From what I've seen around the potential ROI for those seems to be minuscule compared to other more popular offerings.
  • apollookcapollookc Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I am curious, where does your interest for these certs come from, and where do you want to end up? From what I've seen around the potential ROI for those seems to be minuscule compared to other more popular offerings.

Well I think that EC-Council is a respected organization and I was thinking that these certifications would offer a good entry-level approach in security topics. Of course if I pass the exams I would like to include them in my CV independently of how popular are compared to the Security+.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No offense, but you should really read through more of the threads here... there are many who think EC-Council is a less-than-respectable organization.

Obviously I am not their #1 fan lol... and I am not trying to sway you, just make you aware that there are many who view them unfavorably, and have good reasons for doing so. Just make sure you know who you are getting in bed with, and what they will want of you (especially $ wise) and ask yourself if the cert(s) are worth it to you. If you value them, then go for it. But I don't think it's as well-respected as you think.

There are many here with far more knowledge, experience, and wisdom than me, so don't just take my word for it.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • apollookcapollookc Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for all your answers!I will definitely take them into consideration before I commit to any EC-Council exam.