Options

MCSA Server 2012 study materials

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello forum

I have purchased from Infinite Skills their MCSA server 2012 video course. They say that this is the only thing needed to pass the exam (besides a lab to practice). Has anyone used them in the past and if so, is their material any good? Thanks guys! Also, if this is not good, I tend to like videos, what other courses are recommended for these exams?

Comments

• Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It will really depend on your level of experience with Server 2012. With that said I will also ask, are you willing to drop $150 on what someone else told you will work?

I would look into Technet and maybe a study guide to help with deeper understanding. Also Labs, labs and yes you guessed it more labs.

Hope this helps.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This wasn't a sales call. I called the vendor myself and purchased the video course on Amazon. I have done my research on these people and they are a legit company. I called the vendor infinite skills to find out more about the bundle. I have an ok amount of Server 2012 experience. I have setup an entire domain controller from scratch (not sure if that is considered decent.) But that is mostly it. I have used Server core a bit and tools like wbadmin etc. Very little with HyperV and minimal with Powershell. What else would you recommend in regards to reference material (ex Pearson guides or Microsoft press books)
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what I am hearing the 410 is heavy on Powershell, up to 40% of the test is based on knowledge of PowerShell. Check this site out for some Powershell commands that you may want to work with and memorize.

70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: PowerShell commands for the MCSA 70-410 Microsoft Exam

It is linked in the 70-410 resources here on Techexams.net which I am sure you have seen already - http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/88247-70-410-resources.html

I am also working on building a Microsoft Server 2012 R2 test lab with the help from the TLG that can be downloaded from Technet - http://blogs.technet.com/b/tlgs/archive/2013/12/10/updated-base-configuration-tlg-for-windows-server-2012-r2.aspx

My main goal right now is to get better at my job and if I pass a few exams well then that's a added bonus.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello forum

I have purchased from Infinite Skills their MCSA server 2012 video course. They say that this is the only thing needed to pass the exam (besides a lab to practice). Has anyone used them in the past and if so, is their material any good? Thanks guys! Also, if this is not good, I tend to like videos, what other courses are recommended for these exams?

I wouldn't put all of your confidence into one training product. For my studies towards 70-410 and 411, I'm reading the Mastering Server 2012 R2 book, the Inside Out books, a couple PowerShell books, lots of MVA courses, the official lab manuals, CBT Nuggets/PluralSight/InfiniteSkills.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA