Just found out...

MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
Our local community college offers online courses for A+, Network+ and Security+ to prep you for the certification tests and they are actually pretty inexpensive 6 week courses by a very knowledgeable instructor, $119 6 weeks for each prep course, includes all the study materials, simulations and follow up on items you may be week on. What I liked about it, is they do it three times a year and you lean online at home. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.
Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.

Comments

• theitman365theitman365 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone signup for those or do you need to be in your area?
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I don't know, they are non-credit courses, so I don't believe they would require residency, so you might check and see, the community college is fvcc.edu, you might send them and email and get some information.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • sup_itsup_it Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Huh, so out of curiosity I navigated away to fvcc.edu to check out the info about the Prep class and ended up signing up for it. The class is offered through EducationToGo/ed2go by Cengage Learning, it's a 6 week course with 2 classes a week in a instructor-led style which what I believe means that there is an instructor to submit questions to but everything else precompiled material.

I hope that this will help me stay on top of my studies because self-paced studying seems to take me way too long than it should.