Options

Last minute advice?

frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
I'm taking my CCNA test Monday afternoon. I feel prepared, but I know there's always something that gets left out or overlooked.

I'm getting 95-100 on the Trancender exams, should that be enough? Are they the best test prep for CCNA, I know they are for alot of the Microsoft exams?

Any last minute sites beside Cisco Prep Center to check, re-check, the check again my preparedness before Monday?

Comments

• Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    God luck man , just do nothing refresh yourself , you need it !

We'll hear from you tomorow morning , that you pass CCNA !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Are you able to setup an internetwork using multiple routers, switches and PCs and troubleshoot it without using any books, e.g. setting RIP, VLAN, frame relay, IGRP, STP, and all things required by the exam? If so, you're well prepared :)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's your first Cisco test -- so expect some difference from the MS and CompTIA exams.

Time Management should be something you watch -- no more than 10 minutes per sim.... maybe a minute or two more if you're close. If you can't figure it out by then, you're just taking time away from other questions/sims.

Double check the exam blueprint -- if something jumps out at you that you don't understand, you still have time to ask here what we think the topic could cover.

If you've been to the prep center, have you looked at the exam demo there? Think about what you have problems remembering and could **** to your scratch sheet. Use the demo time to do your ****. Even if you know subnetting cold -- jot down the emergency power of twos, just incase you're hit by brain freeze.

You should be slipping into review mode and trying to relax. icon_lol.gif Always easier said than done.

One thing on the Sims.... since some people have been letting slip the number of sims they had icon_eek.gif (probably did their **** during the NDA, rather than the demo icon_lol.gif ) -- look at the range of time on the blueprint. Some questions are ungraded, potential new exam questions. If you're at the long end of the time allowed for the exam, figure you're in for some "extra sims" and definitely adhere to the 10 minute per sim rule and watch the clock.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    J2tehkJ2tehk Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Review and then relax before the exam. If you don't know it while you're waiting to take the exam then you won't know it when you get in.

RELAX!!!! Its very important that you don't drink a red bull or coffee before the exam. You get nervous and start to second guess yourself.

Watch your time and read your questions carefully!

RELAX!!!

If you are stuck on a question then review what you think is right. From there try to figure out why the other choices are wrong. This helps you from selecting a "maybe" answer and overlooking the right answer.

Remember you can write notes on the pad they give you while you are waiting for the exam to load up.

I wrote down my subnetting tables

128 /17 /25
    192 /18 .....
    224 ...........
    240 ....