Options

A+ Question Format

bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
I'm taking my 801 exam tomorrow. I'm wondering if there are practice questions that give you an idea of the format used exactly as it is on the real exam. I saw the sample questions on the compTIA website, but they were all multiple choice.

What other types of questions are on the 801?

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the 801 and 802 both start with a few simulation questions (2-3), and then go into the multiple choice and multiple answer questions (choose 2 or 3), but the bulk of it is multiple choice.

let us know how it goes, and best of luck :D
  • Options
    Thank you very much for that info.

I passed with an 813 when the passing score was 675. It says it was scaled on a score between 100 and 900.

What exactly does this mean? I was trying to figure out the % I received.
  • Options
    DoailDoail Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For the multiple answer questions, do they tell you how many answers they are looking? Some pratice exam questions did and some did not.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "do they tell you how many answers they are looking?"
  • Options
    DoailDoail Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry meant do they tell you how many answers they are looking for? i.e. pick 2 or pick 3 or do they just say pick all the correct answers.
  • Options
    Oh I see. For multiple answer multiple choice type, yes, they do give you the number of answers to pick.
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes it will say SELECT X where X is the number of answers they want you to submit, and even then, when you review the test at the end if you didn't select the correct number of answers, it will mark the question as incomplete/unattempted, this happened to me on my 802 yesterday, I nearly submitted my test with one question 1/2 answered, I still would have passed, but my score may not have been as good as it was.