Got my A+

f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
Took the 802 yesterday and took the 801 today. I am proud to say I am A+ certified now!!!
I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
[FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]

Comments

• DoailDoail Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!! Oh I remembered the feeling.
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    I was shaking from excitement when I saw that I passed! I am glad I passed both on my first try!
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll always remember that 'high' after passing the 802, it was a great feeling. Are you in the field currently?

In my case the high turned into a low within 2 weeks after not getting anything but 1 callback for a printer tech position. Don't let it get you down. 3 months later I wasn't very high after getting my first job but a week in I am.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
    Yes, I currently employed at a computer repair shop at a local computer repair shop. I have been applying to new jobs like crazy because I need to have health benefits. Also more pay would be nice!
    Do you plan on studying for another cert soon?

While I haven't tested N+, having it on my resume as 'expected in January' really helped for some jobs I think, at least the interviewers showed in it. It shows you are driven. Maybe something to consider but be ready to answer some relevant questions to the cert if you put it on your resume.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the A+ I got mine yesterday :D Best of luck on finding better employment too. Like others asked/hinted at, are you going to start working towards another certification now? I'm working towards the network + now, and would suggest it. It's said that the A+, Network+, and Security+ are the holy trinity of certifications, that is my goal for January of next year is to complete the trinity :D
    On my resume I wrote "taking A+ exam in December" and I only got one interview. Hopefully I will get more interviews now that I am certified. My boss told me since I got certified he will give me a raise in January. He also gave me money to take my wife out to dinner to celebrate. It made me feel bad since I am seeking another job.

I am studying to get a Linux Foundation cert in February. I love Linux. I was also planning on taking my CCNA as soon as possible. But, the more I read about the more I think I should go for the NET+ first.
    On my resume, that's no longer in use, I had "Network+ (expected January 2015)" it's listed after A+. Once it's obtained I'd put it above A+ since it's a higher level cert. If you don't have much experience with networks I'd say go with N+ before CCENT. I've studied both and N+ was a 2-3 week study, CCENT I wasn't quite ready after 3 months of study. CCENT is a big step up from N+ especially with routing protocols and labbing.
    Honestly I would love to get my Net+, but I would kinda like to save money and go right to the CCENT\CCNA. But I know that the Net+ would greatly improve my knowledge about networking. I honestly could take it in January if I had the money.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    I know what you mean about saving money, comptia tests are very expensive relative to the experience most have at that stage in their career.
  • hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    Would I get a little better notice if I had a Net+ as opposed to CCNA because Net+ is vendor neutral?
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say the CCNA would have more weight behind it, even though it's not vendor neutral, it's more recognized, I'd say. Cisco has quite the hold on corporate network infrastructure.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    I don't think Net+ gets the recognition it deserves from interviewers, it is a pretty good introduction to networking but very few asked me about it during the interview. Some had said something like 'I see you are going after another certificate, that's good'.

CCNA looks better on a resume but there's a good chance your ccna knowledge will be irrelevant in L1/L2 positions. Companies don't usually put a fresh ccna guy with no experience on cisco hardware for months if not years. Still some help desk jobs are asking for it. Network+ knowledge has a much better chance of being relevant in these positions as your taught intermediate windows/mac/linux network troubleshooting.
  • diskosdiskos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!