CCNP v2 OCG books release date

dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
So i pre ordered the OCG books from cisco press and the original release date said December 10th, i log in today and i am now seeing Dec 30th, is there no proper release and this is just an estimate, can anyone shed some light on this issue, i was looking fwd to the books coming in by end of the month, now it looks like January.

Comments

• Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    dsgm wrote: »
    So i pre ordered the OCG books from cisco press and the original release date said December 10th, i log in today and i am now seeing Dec 30th, is there no proper release and this is just an estimate, can anyone shed some light on this issue, i was looking fwd to the books coming in by end of the month, now it looks like January.

They were supposed be out on the 28th November in the UK but I had a message saying it would now be the 19th December...
  • StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    I've already downloaded my CCNP 301-101 E-book from Cisco Press :)
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    StussyNz wrote: »
    I've already downloaded my CCNP 301-101 E-book from Cisco Press :)

I am old school i like the book in my hand, will from time to time read an Ebook but i prefer physical book
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They were supposed to come out in Late October, then it was Early November, then Late November, then 3 or 4 different dates in December. When I checked last night Cisco Press listed it as Dec. 17 and Amazon.com as Dec. 19. I would buy ROUTE and SWITCH if they could simply guarantee me when the books will be released. The odd part is that both books are available for Kindle and the ROUTE book has been on Safari (essentially complete) for a month or more. For some odd reason, Safari still doesn't have the complete SWITCH OCG.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I blame the Switch book for the dely, the last one was absolute not worthy of reading. Hopefully the new one is decent.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • roberthockroberthock Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I jumped on the Cisco press sale and ordered the Route book a couple days ago. When I ordered it said pre-order, but later that day it went to shipping. I am supposed to get the book today, so I am guessing at least route is ready. :D
    CCNP: Switch [X] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
    roberthock wrote: »
    I jumped on the Cisco press sale and ordered the Route book a couple days ago. When I ordered it said pre-order, but later that day it went to shipping. I am supposed to get the book today, so I am guessing at least route is ready. :D

I thought this might happen but i wanted the discount of the bundle buying them one by one costs a lot more
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just bought ROUTE (300-101) on Ciscopress.com. With the HOL2014 discount code, it came to $46.51 including Overnight shipping, which is surprisingly cheaper than Amazon.

Save up to 70% in the Cisco Press Holiday Sale
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    Got all three books in the bundle for 100 dollars so basically 33 dollars per book
  • linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the same bundle deal, $33 each. They are arriving on the West coast Friday.
    I got the same bundle deal, $33 each. They are arriving on the West coast Friday.

You have seen where it is ready to be shipped ?

I go on the ciscopress site and it still says December 30th ?
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I ordered a month ago on ciscopress. Only one that has shipped is tshoot a few days ago. Fuming, the other 2 just say backordered...
    I ordered them back October, I'm still waiting, their site says back ordered.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • jaychou_ukjaychou_uk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My Tshoot book just arrived today in the UK.....quite a big book...read a few pages and it is written pretty well. Easy to understand.
    Did you received a message that it has been shipped or did it just landed on your doorstep out of the blue? I'm in Europe as well so i'm hoping at least one of the books turns up soon.
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Received my ROUTE Book yesterday (Texas) and should be receiving the T-SHOOT book today..
    I also ordered all 3 for 33 dollars a piece, back in October.
  • linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Received e-mail update on my order. Route will arrive Thursday, T-Shoot Friday. Who knows on Switch. No matter, I'm doing Route first anyway.
  • canojcanoj Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Received my route last night. Got an email saying my switch and tshoot has been canceled o.O lol
  • jaychou_ukjaychou_uk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received an email to advise it will be shipped yeah.
    Why have i gotten none of these emails, i have no information from ciscopress, just the email that it was ordered, i ordered the trill book afterwards and received that already
    I did not receive any e-mail either, sending Ciscopress an e-mail is also not worth, it took them two weeks to reply. lol
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In UK I've got TSHOOT, Switch on its way, but Route still on backorder. Want to start Route first so wish it would hurry!