Need Suggestion

dani_love786dani_love786 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends I wanna ask which will be the best Certification for me I have passed CCNA R & S

Now I am confuse at Next Certification Please suggest which will be the best CCNP or CCIE

Comments

• slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not trying to be wise at all, but if you have to ask, then likely not CCIE. Do you work in networking currently? If so CCNP may make sense, if not maybe focus on something closer to your specialty. Depending on what you work on regularly and your overall comfort level you may want to pursue CCNA in voice, wireless, security or data center. The more information you include in these types of posts, the better advice you will get.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would say that, if you are asking that question, then CCNP is probably the next step for you... :)

But as slinuxuzer above says, without anymore information about your experiences and aspirations then it is difficult to advise further.
  • dani_love786dani_love786 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Brothers I want to ask which will be the best for me. with expiration and re-certification point of view
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am pretty sure that CCNP exams extend your CCNA expiration date, these guidelines change all the time, so the best place for this information is going to be Cisco's website.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • _Gonzalo__Gonzalo_ Member Posts: 113
    Totally CCNP. You will have a higher level certification and, in case you don´t know, CCIE is:
    a) Long
    b) Tough
    c) Has a good percentage of people that try but never get it
    Plus CCNP is a nice path to CCIE.
    If you still need more convincing, get yourself a summary of the topics and you'll see how much you don´t know (because CCNA does not cover it), like BGP, MPLS, Frame relay, Redistribution, High availability, QoS, Security, PBR, private VLANs... I believe that these examples should be enough for you to get the point.

I forgot about recertification. Not an issue. As soon as you are caught in networking, you´ll see that you want to know it all! And then, calm down and choose the path that interests you more. As slinuxuzer mentioned, superior or equal level certifications extend the lesser ones. CCNP extends:

Any Associate level expiration date (CCNA, CCDA...)
    Any Professional level expiration date (CCDP, CCNP SP...)
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Let's put it this way, and even this will not show you the reality of the differences between Associate, Professional, and Expert level certifications.

Associates are here......

Professionals are here.......

Experts are here.......

A major major gulf between the final two.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • routergodsroutergods Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tough to say what cert since you haven't told us what you currently do or what you want to do.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Go through the CCNP track as it will help you prepare for the CCIE down the road. There is a major gap between CCNA and CCIE Studies and you will want to have as strong of a foundation as possible before you commit. The majority of the recommended CCIE study material assumes that you have a minimum of a professional level comprehension of the subject matter.

Following the CCNA R&S, the CCNP SWITCH exam is a natural progression for many. While much of the content may feel like review, there are a number of topics that are greatly expanded upon that will aide in your mastery. The same can be said for ROUTE, though it also adds a few new areas that are foreign to the Associate level education. By the time you get to TSHOOT you should have developed a comprehensive skill set that will allow you to intelligently diagnose and troubleshoot incident requests. This last step is paramount to the first 2 sections of the CCIE Lab exam (no pressure)!!!

Once you are finished with the CCNP studies, you will want to add additional BGP, DMVPN, MPLS (L3VPN), Multicast, and Route protocol theory review sessions before you attempt the CCIE R&S Written. Follow this up with ~1000 hours of hands on practice before you attempt the lab. You should be able to configure, diagnose, and troubleshoot enterprise networks with relative ease.

Total time estimate from CCNA to CCIE depends on your personal level experience, but for most it can easily be 3-5 years. But obviously if you have many years of R&S experience, ignore everything I've written and feel free to go for the CCIE. It was the most frustrating yet rewarding certification I have achieved, and I've gone back for more.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11