New ccnp tests!!!!!!

omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
Hello guys,

How are ya'll? I was wondering if anyone yet taken any of the new CCNP tests & if so, how hard was it? Wht materials have you used to succeed? I'd be grateful for any responses. Thank you.

Comments

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think you are going to see anyone taking them for at least a few months. I just checked on Pearson Vue and they are available to take.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan to take 300-101 (ROUTE) and 300-115 (SWITCH). I'll let you know once I've taken them (aiming for the end of December). At least on paper, the new ROUTE and SWITCH look like better exams than the old 642 series. I'll stick with the old TSHOOT since the topology is on Cisco.com.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    Thank you so much for the responses guys. I think I'll start my CCNA SECURITY now & wait till April to start on CCNP. Another Question; Whose video you guys follow generally? Chris Bryant or Jeremy?
    I'm watching Bryant mainly because his videos are a lot cheaper in the long run.
  • GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agree. I like Chris Bryant's videos a lot and get to watch them over and over. Compare to INE and CBTNuggets.
    I just received my print-edition ROUTE (300-101) OCG and I didn't realize how much additional material it contained vs. the old test (Strangely, I don't see a number of those new topics on the exam blueprint - e.g. Named EIGRP, Address Family OSPF, iBGP, etc...) I think I'll focus on finishing up with the ROUTEv1 materials for now so that I can pass TSHOOTv1 by Jan. 29.