Options

Microsoft 98-349 and A+ exam cram

PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
How much information in the A+ exam cram book is actually covered on the MTA 98-349 test ?

Comments

• Options
    tpasmalltpasmall Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't say for sure because I haven't read the exam cram book, but the 98-349 test was much, much easier than the A+. But you'll have to remember too that this is a Microsoft exam and A+ doesn't really cover the Microsoft specific stuff. If you go to the exam site: https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-98-349.aspx you can open up the objectives and read the articles that they link to in technet as well.
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would not use the A+ exam cram to study for this. 98-349 is a Microsoft only exam and will cover many things specific to Windows 7 that A+ will have no need to discuss. I signed up for the free CBT Nuggets 7 day trial. Watched all the videos and used the link below as a practice test. Passed the test with no problems.

ftp://ftp.certiport.com/Marketing/Mt...thout_Crop.pdf

Note: If you are new to this you may need to read up some more using Technet or a book. When I took this I have been doing Help Desk\Desktop Support for years and had my A+, Net+ and Security+.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank alot !!!
  • Options
    techno-kidtechno-kid Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go for the 98-349 exam.... That is a quite basic exam that helps to validate the core skills of clientos