A little advice would be much appreciated

CarlosdvCarlosdv Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So a little insight on what seems to be like a bit of an overwhelming situation..
I just recently started a CompTIA course on monday and the test is on friday. I dont have any prior IT experience so needless to say im thigh deep into studying. Im learning alot and piecing all together but its still kicking my ass. I was wondering if you guys would happen to have any tools or maybe just studying techniques or advice in general to really help me grasp it all. Although passing the test is important, im mainly talking about the craft its self. So any advice would be highly appreciated and thanks in advanced.
icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Professor Messer Study guides. I didn't use them but heard they are great, especially for crammers. I passed with ease using just the exam cram book, I think you could get it read by Friday if you really put your mind to it.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    as stated above, exam cram book and the free professor messer videos, are a great combination to pass with. what material are you using for the class, are they providing hands on examples and demonstrations? that might be better then self-studying through books... but everybody learns differently.
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    Flash cards really helped me to learn the material. The great thing about flash cards is you learn something while making them and also by reviewing them. Here is a link to great, easy to understand information for flashcards. I passed using Mike Meyers book as well as Professor Messer videos\study guides and flash cards. Good luck!icon_study.gif
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]