291 Exam Cram or 291 Exam Cram 2nd Edition

Johnny UtahJohnny Utah Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just finished the 291 MS Press book. I ordered the 291 Exam Cram 2nd Edition and I was wondering if anyone has read it? It is about 50 pages shorter than the 1st Edition. The 1st Edition also comes with a cd and the 2nd Edition doesn't. Should I have purchased the 1st Edition instead?

Comments

• fredefrede Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get your money back ASAP!!!!! Exam Cram 2 Edition for 70-291 is worthless. I've also just completed the MS-Press along with Syngress and CBT Nuggets, so I can tell you that the EC2 book is missing at least 60% of what you need to study for 70-291.

My past experiences with EC have been positive. However, they were asleep at the wheel on this one. Hopefully you can get a refund.

Fred
  • Johnny UtahJohnny Utah Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, that's not good. Are you sure it was the 2nd Edition you used? I think it just came out. I ordered it from Amazon so it won't be easy to return.
  • fredefrede Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just checked, and I have is Exam Cram "2" for 70-291, which I mistook for Exam Cram Second Edition. Sorry to alarm you. I also purchased from Amazon, so I just considered it a loss. I hope the Second Edition is better than EC2. Please let us know.

Fred
  • Johnny UtahJohnny Utah Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good deal. Thanks for checking. I'll come back let everyone know how the book was and how the test went.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I also used the EC2 (dunno which edition) 291, and it was an absolute joke! Didn't cover half of what you'd be tested on.

And just to let you know in advance, the EC2 for the 293 is worthless too. It doesn't even mention PKI!
    witty comment