Passed CISSP Exam on the first try!!

tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
My study plan ...(Test date was December 11th)

August 18th Attended Virtual CISSP Boot Camp (Felt overwhelmed after that week)
Read CISSP For Dummies 4th edition Cover to Cover (That was my speed at the time)
Replayed my Virtual Boot Camp from beginning to end (Ok now it started making sense)

Read Eric Conrad CISSP Study Guide 2nd edition Cover to Cover
Read Shon Harris 6th edition CISSP Guide (Only read Crypto, and Network and Telecom Domains) I read the Quick Tips for EACH domain 2 times and once the day before the test.
Read Eric Conrad 11th hour crash the week before the test and again test week

Test engines: Total Tester (Shon Harris Test Engine)
Transcender Test Engine
Some test questions on CCCure (Non Membership)

I spent 20 to 25 hours per week studying for the CISSP Exam..
My philosophy was not to bite off more than I was prepared for. So I started with Boot Camp, then the for Dummies book, Conrad, then Shon Harris. It worked for me. The most difficult part was the 6 hour endurance test last Thursday!
When I saw the Congratulations letter I started shaking. The Proctor said "You going to be OK to drive. I said, give me a few to calm down"
icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Are you still shaking? :D
  • abhogwanabhogwan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats! What a great feeling that must be. That is pretty much my study plan. I've finished the Conrad book, plan to use AIO for helping in weak areas. My test is on Jan 24th!

How many years do you have in InfoSEC?
  • tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you Papadoc. I worked in IT since 1992 (Mainframe/Client Server, later hit the security side of the house) In 2008 I was hired as an Information Security Officer for the Department of Veteran Affairs. Certain Domains, (Access Control, Business Continuity) I was quite versed in. At VA we do use PKI Encryption but the Crypto in the CBK was much deeper. :)

Good Luck on your Exam!!
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow, you used alot of stuff to prep. Congratz!
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congrats on passing!
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am lucky that in my unit of 400 we have about 20 CISSP on staff. I am currently mentoring 2 people who have interest in perusing the cert. What a great way to give back and promote the profession.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass :D I know the feeling you got when you passed, I experienced it myself not too long ago, it was my first certification test ever, after just 5 years of network security.... taking it all in was overwhelming. I used the Shon Harris All in one, the Exam Cram, and the for dummies, and both total tester and the pearson testing software... I was overwhelmed, stayed up all night the night before my exam doing last minute cramming, was tired as heck come exam time....but overcame it and got the cert luckily :D any future plans for other certifications?
  • AbhijitNaik2006AbhijitNaik2006 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!!
    I have started preparing for CISSP recently & i hope this forum/ site would be very much helpful to me as well as it would have been for you.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Since I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs, I am seriously considering the HCISPP. I think having a HCISPP plus a CISSP would be GREAT fit at the VA!
  • cissp098cissp098 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me too, can we have group study, please contact ccie098 at gmail dot com if interested?
    Cool by me. Not much info on the Net about that cert icon_cry.gif
    The TotalTester Test engine is on the CD that comes with the Shon Harris CISSP Book. The CD has the Test Engine, and a .PDF version of the book. The .PDF version is great because you can install.PDF files on your iPad.
  • dinhtqdinhtq Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hii Tkcomp,
    Congratulation to you ,

Can you share for me "
    Test engines: Total Tester (Shon Harris Test Engine)
    Transcender Test Engine" ? dinhtq at g mail .

Thanks you so much !

The Total Tester test engine is on the CD that comes with the Shon Harris CISSP Exam Guide. Transcenders is an education provider for IT Certifications. Their CISSP training information is https://www.transcender.com/certprep/isc2/cissp.kap
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• dinhtqdinhtq Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tkcomp wrote: »
    The TotalTester Test engine is on the CD that comes with the Shon Harris CISSP Book. The CD has the Test Engine, and a .PDF version of the book. The .PDF version is great because you can install.PDF files on your iPad.

Hi Tkcomp,
    Could you upload this CD to google driver share for me , pls . Thanks you so much !
    No that can't be done. That would violate the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics. The Shon Harris material is under Copy write and the Test Engine is under a EUAL.
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    dinhtq wrote: »

Hi Tkcomp,
    Could you upload this CD to google driver share for me , pls . Thanks you so much !

You'd think by now I wouldn't be surprised by these "Give me everything you've got" posts, but I am. SMH.

And i don't buy that the poster doesn't realize what he/she is asking for violates copyright or ethics rules.

TK - you took the high road and gave the professional answer. I don't know that I'd have been that understanding.
  • Realist2001Realist2001 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Quick Update. Submitted my Endorsement paperwork on December 12th and Endorsement Complete on January 13th!! Wahoo!!
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tkcomp wrote: »
    Quick Update. Submitted my Endorsement paperwork on December 12th and Endorsement Complete on January 13th!! Wahoo!!

Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□