Options

Passed my CEH! What's next?

SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed my CEHv8 exam today with an 84!

not the best mark but what was fine was that the marks I lost were on topics that I don't really care too much about.. in other words topics that I personally feel that won't give me any added value..

Training material was:
- CBT Nuggets (Great but doesn't cover XSS, SQLi, Cryptography well.. and doesn't cover physical security at all)
- VTC Videos (Good as a revision, but absolutely doesn't cover the material)
- Sean-Phillip Oriyano CEH Study guide (Good stuff, fills the gaps of CBT in an excellent way)
- Different Youtube videos and different articles about parts I felt lacking in

Now am planning my next step! I am a Network administrator, but I would rather 'know something about everything' than 'know everything about something' so yes I will keep going in my Cisco path (now doing CCNA voice) but I will prepare for something else on the side.. am leaning towards LPIC-1 and LPIC-2, I am now more familiar with Linux than ever and this would wrap it up.. What is ITIL really about! does it really provide any real value? any suggestions would be great..

Comments

• Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations SDee! You think you're ready for the CISSP?
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    Absolutely! am coming back for the CISSP.. but at the moment, am looking for some 'other' field, I would like to start having some knowledge about -almost- everything, then dig deeper in fields I like the most, and CISSP is absolutely one!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CEH v8 :D
  • Options
    I don't qualify for the requirements of CISSP, I have three years of experience in total.. and 2.5 years as a Network Administrator, so I will leave it for now..

I think I will pay full focus on the CCNA Voice, and get it before 20Jan, I will be preparing for the ITILv3 in the spare time or when I feel like I need a change, and try to get it before the end of February.. Then I will prepare for LPIC-1 LPIC-2, and possibly CCNP Switch
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown