CCNP SWITCH v2

CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
Hi,

I know its a little early to be asking this ....
Has anyone read the SWITCH v2 books (OCG vs FLG) ? any reviews ?

also, I looked through the exam specs and the only thing that i might have problems with using my current lab is stackwise. I have 2x3550s and 2x2950's. Has anyone noticed any other topics that might require something a little more substantial ?

Thanks
[CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]

Comments

• Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Don't think they're out yet, certainly not in the UK anyway. Maybe you can get them on safari books though althought they'd just be the rough cuts if the books haven't been released.
  • CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    I'm in the UK too. I know the print edition is not out yet, but the kindle edition is available right now (not sure how long ago it was released). I was just curious if anyone has read it and would care to share an opinion. David Hucaby's first editions of SWITCH (v1) had lots of content missing.

I'm gonna wait for the print edition, much prefer a book in my hands.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I read the rough cut [on Safari] of the SWITCHv2 book. They only posted the first half of the book. It was basically the SWITCHv1 OCG with some minor updates. That said, I previewed the Kindle version of the final release [which has already been released] on Amazon and it appears they made significant changes to the book from the Rough Cut.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    I'm in the UK too. I know the print edition is not out yet, but the kindle edition is available right now (not sure how long ago it was released). I was just curious if anyone has read it and would care to share an opinion. David Hucaby's first editions of SWITCH (v1) had lots of content missing.

I'm gonna wait for the print edition, much prefer a book in my hands.

Can you elaborate on the missing content from the first edition , you are talking about 642-813 yes?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    If memory serves me correct it was IP SLA, SNMP and Syslog (maybe some other topics too).
  • atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Does anyone know whether you still get access to the Pearson practice test when you purchase the Kindle version of the switch book?
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If memory serves me correct it was IP SLA, SNMP and Syslog (maybe some other topics too).

Later releases added these topics as an Appendix in the back of the book. To be fair, though, none of them are on the exam topics list, so I can see why they would have been left out of early releases of the book. You might be able to squeeze IP SLA in under "High Availability", but I don't see anything that SNMP or Syslog would fit under.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i saw some links for the epub copy * i don't know if I'm allowed to post it here*. Waiting for the hard copy of the set (Switch, Route and Tshoot).
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|