Network+ passed 819/900

anuragaks10anuragaks10 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all !!
I am super excited to share the news of me passing my first CompTIA exam. I am satisfied with the score, although, I could've scored a little more if I hadn't changed a few answers in the last minute :P
I would be happy to give my advice/suggestion to anyone who needs it.

Cheers
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor

Comments

• walter18walter18 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi, congrats on your pass

what are you study methods and what materials do you recommend?

any advice on what to focus on?

thanks
  • anuragaks10anuragaks10 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey walter18,

Thanks! I used CBTnuggets series on Network+ and read network+ Aurthorized guide by Kevin Wallace. It's brevity certainly cut short the studying time, however, I found it didn't cover 1-2 little things and had a couple of typos. Maybe, there's an updated version or an errata is out. I also watched CBTnuggets series on IPv4 subnetting. Keith Barker is an amazing tutor. All in all, I think it took about 100 or so hours from zero knowledge and no experience to a PASS.

{content may violate NDA removed }

I wish you all the best if you are preparing for this exam. This exam doesn't go in much depth but has a dauntingly tremendous scope of topics. Feel free to post/PM if you have any questions.

Cheers!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing, I've booked my Net+ for the 30th of December and am currently reading through the certified Exam Cram book for it. Do you have any future certification goals following this?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • oxymoron5koxymoron5k Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Also I PM'd you ;)
    Thanks fellas !

@H3 | | scr3am - Best of luck on the exam! Hope you get one more reason to celebrate the NYE :) I will be taking CWTS, CCENT next month. Let us know your experience with the exam. And once again, all the best!
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    How is Darrell Gibson's book on this exam?
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    Thanks for the well wishes, I actually rescheduled for the 6th, my family ended up dropping in for a week over the holidays and I lost a lot of my planned study time.
    steelodon wrote: »
    How is Darrell Gibson's book on this exam?

I didn't use Gibson's book for Net+. Just the authorize study guide by Kevin Wallace. I am using Gibson's book for Sec+, however. Sorry :s can't help you there.
  • BoxxerBoxxer Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am also using CBT nuggets for training and Labsim. I agree Keith Barker is an amazing teacher, I love his enthusiasm! I should be scheduling to take mine in the middle of January. :D
  • speedy20912speedy20912 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

Congrats on passing the I took Network+ exam. I took mine today I didn't do so great. So far, I have been using the Mike Meyers CompTia Network+ 10-005, and Kevin Wallace latest Network+ Authorization guide, and Keith Barker's CBT Network+ classes which I have completed. Right now, I'm debating whether or to get the exam cram online from Amazon.com as a Kindle Book? Has anyone had any with this book in the following link below:

http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Network-N10-005-Exam-Cram/dp/078974905X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420506060&sr=8-1&keywords=Network%2B+10-005+exam+cram

Thanks,

Speedy20912
    oh. Sorry to hear that speedy. Did you get your test report ? What sort of areas did you find the most challenging or needing the most work ?
    I didn't use the Exam cram but I hope someone here can answer your question. I downloaded some apps on my android phone and just went through as many as I could. Also, the questions after every chapter (however few) definitely helped.
    @Speedy

I used that book alone and just passed my Network+ today, I also supplemented with the testing software and Professor Messer Videos. I use the Exam Crams for most exams if there is one. They have a very handy **** sheet/last minute review sheet to look over about 30 minutes prior to the exam. (The Net+ one is longer then the CISSP one by quite a bit) also it includes a coupon code that stacks on top of the ones found here:

10% Discount Code for CompTIA Certification Exam Vouchers | Pearson IT Certification

As anguragaks mentioned, in your printout it should tell you where you missed questions, so I suggest brushing up on those items/domains, and then retaking it, don't let it beat you :D Best of luck on your next attempt :D
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496