Anyone else having one of those mondays?

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Just remoted onto a users machine carry out some work and disconnected.

Informed the user i was done and he explained that he was still waiting for me to connect. icon_confused.gif:

I checked his ip address again.

I had managed to remote to *.*.*.1 rather than *.*.*.11 that i should have. icon_redface.gif

Kinda embarrassing having to call other user to explain...........

Anyone dont anything similar or as stupid? icon_lol.gif
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No comment on the grounds that I might incriminate myself icon_redface.gif

But my Monday was not only a cruddy day like that but also just functioning was a drama today. I guess buying a new 6" travel trailbike is no excuse to go visit grade 4 and 5 trails over the weekend icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Had an Oracle server running on W2K crash this morning. The usual disk check found multiple errors (a lightning storm over the weekend was probably too much for the UPS - this particular server is not in our data center and thus less protected), and repairing from the W2K CD (including the recovery console and standard repair options) are of no avail. The registry is hosed. It's going to need a reinstall and restore from backup. Sigh... icon_sad.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • grey foxgrey fox Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was replacing a motherboard and I managed to bend some of the pins on a processor icon_redface.gif Don't know how exactly but I managed to straighten them out again.
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I was doing a walk-through and re-connecting machines that our cleaning crew can manage to unplug, but not plug back in...anyway, I looked into one of our labs and there were some papers and ceiling tiles down over 2 of our brand new (1 month old) computers. As I walked in to check, I could hear the water dripping and sure enough, after some maintenance-crew investigating, they found that the Air Conditioning system had gone kablooey and dumped it's run-off water onto those 2 machines. Neither was on, but were plugged in and when I opened the one hit hardest, you could see the black around the power-supply and smell that lovely burned-component smell... icon_cry.gif

We have ordered a replacement and as soon as the other one dries out, we're going to have a little test...hopefully it survived. icon_sad.gif

Don't feel bad, Sie, you are not alone!!! :P
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I went leisure shopping... :P
    witty comment
    _omni_ wrote:

As long as it was not leisure suit shopping! :P
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    jpeezy55 wrote:
    _omni_ wrote:

Nah...books. Not study books.
    witty comment
    _omni_ wrote:
    jpeezy55 wrote:
    _omni_ wrote:

Nah...books. Not study books.

I'm guessing by the frequency of posts here today, that none of us are really doing anything at all while at work??? I have 18 machines ghosting right now, so I can only sit back and watch...I love my job!!! :P
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I'm guessing by the frequency of posts here today, that none of us are really doing anything at all while at work??? I have 18 machines ghosting right now, so I can only sit back and watch...I love my job!!!

Think maybe your right! icon_lol.gif

Now im just killing time, waiting for a couple of software deliveries and then im off.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    Sie wrote:
    I'm guessing by the frequency of posts here today, that none of us are really doing anything at all while at work??? I have 18 machines ghosting right now, so I can only sit back and watch...I love my job!!!

Think maybe your right! icon_lol.gif

Now im just killing time, waiting for a couple of software deliveries and then im off.

Where are you off to??? Any place the rest of us can go? It is kinda boring here today, but also not a bad way to start the week...
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I once cleared track 0 on a MFM drive (remember those?) on a client when I tried to increase the drive capacity thinking the BIOS was mis-set.

I spent just about all of that 3 day weekend reconstructing his FAT table and root directory. Fortunately most files were in subdirectories (which DOS treats as files and is stored in the data section, and most files had contiguous clusters. I think I only lost a handful of files, none critical.
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    I'm repairing a botched CA software delivery install on my work laptop and "manning the fort" for dispatch and 2nd and 3rd level issues. Too many people on holidays!
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    It's ok, my Monday will be pretty much worthless. I'll get some dumb emails from the upper management and basically watch the green on HP Openview all day for 9 hours, while waiting for someone to call me and tell me several T-1s are down. icon_confused.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Walked in to a user not being able to get onto the intranet. Turns out her NIC was fried somehow, must've been related to the power problems the area had yesterday.

Other than that, had some weird login script problem and now i'm just working on some server projects i've been putting off for about 2 weeks.

oh and dell just called me telling me that our server rack is being shipped to our other branch...and was ordered by the branch manager...there record keeping must suck b/c nothings been shipped to that location in over 2 years. so we had to have them reroute the shipment, stupid dell.