Options

Want to know about the exams like CISM, CRISC and CGEIT

AbbhyAbbhy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't really know about the exams like CISM,CRISC,CGEIT. Can someone elaborate about the examinations-the syllabus,the course duration,eligibility criteria ,etc.Please .Expecting a reply.

Comments

• Options
    SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think if you are interested, you have to do your own research on ISACA website (www.isaca.org) in "CERTIFICATION" tab. That will give you details of every certification.
  • Options
    Okay.I'm researching on it right now.Thanks for the reply.All i'm looking to understand is what are the minimum education,experience and skill etc. related criterion to appear for the CISM exam?I don't find them on that website.
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    This Google Hangouts video is pretty useful for what security cert you might like.

It goes into CISSP vs. CASP vs. CISM.

The video will detail some of the specifics and reasonings behind each one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc2LrAZSZX4
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It's all there in black and white. The "How to Become CISM Certified" page on the ISACA website has answers to all your questions. Hint: all you need is to pay, take the exam, and satisfy the work experience requirements.
  • Options
    sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can find answers to most of your quires here;
    How to Become CISM Certified

-Successfully pass the CISM exam.
    -Adhere to ISACA's Code of Professional Ethics.
    -Agree to comply with the Continuing Education Policy.
    -Work experience in the field of information security.
    -Submit an Application for CISM Certification.
  • Options
    @Itrimble: Thank you so much,that was much helpful :)
  • Options
    Hey,see i'm a 1st year undergraduate student.Am i eligible to sit for the CISA exam?If so,do I have to get into any sort of coaching class for that?And lastly how long is the course duration?I'm so confused,need an answer.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Anyone who pays can take the exam. That simple. Satisfying the experience requirement is another story.

How to Become CISA Certified explains it clearly:
    It is important to note that many individuals choose to take the CISA exam prior to meeting the experience requirements.

This practice is acceptable and encouraged although the CISA designation will not be awarded until all requirements are met.

The work experience for CISA certification must be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within 5 years from the date of originally passing the exam. The CISA Application for Certification is available at Apply for CISA Certification. Note that candidates have 5 years from the passing date to apply for certification.

There's no need to take any classes, training or anything. However you gain the knowledge required to master the objectives is up to you. A lot of people do self-study via ISACA's books such as the CISA Review Manual or the Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual, both available here. Other go to week long classes, other do review bootcamps. Again, up to you. ISACA doesn't impose any specific training requirement.
  • Options