Options

INE or IPExpert

JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone used either of these for their CCIE adventure? Looking to purchase an end to end package from one of the two. VOD/workbooks/labs, etc. Datacenter track specifically.

Anyone have input? Which workbooks are better? Which has better detail with material?

Comments

• Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I find INE's videos tend to be better. Now I have heard around the forums if you ever pursue the DC track, people tend to lean towards IPExpert more. I bought INE's vids with their workbook and some tokens (It was a Black Friday deal for a lot cheaper) and I find them very informative, but I still supplement with a list of many books, which I'd say Routing TCP/IP vol 1 and 2 are great, but I'm debating the new IP routing with IOS/IOS-XE and IOS-XR as I hear that's the "Long awaited update" to the TCP/IP books. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a QoS book either (Szigeti's book seems really good so far). The workbook is really good, and they've added onto it a few times in the last month or two. However, Narbik's workbook has a lot of good stuff as well (Haven't gotten the troubleshooting one though).
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I've heard a lot of good about INE's R&S videos but having watched the DC videos entirely, I didn't find them very good. I switched over to IPExpert about a month ago and it's been really working for me for data center. I purchased both the INE and IPExpert workbooks and I can definitely tell you hands down the IPExpert workbooks are WAY more complete than the IPExpert ones. Oh and you can actually find rack rental time on IPExpert with ALL the DC equipment unlike INE where you are having to steal a couple hours here and there and it's usually limited equipment. I can screenshot to show you the difference in rack availability if it'll help you
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    IPExpert is also working on a refresh for their Datacenter workbooks right now
  • Options
    chiefwarrant250nchiefwarrant250n Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was told IPExpert is the way to go for CCIE Data Center from the DC guys here at Cisco.